Expand my Community achievements bar.

Master page fields not displaying data from XML file

Former Community Member
Hi,

For some reason if I a add a field on the master page, when previewed it does not display the xml data assigned to the field.

I have a work around, but it looks messy and would prefer to resolve the problem correctly.

My work around is to create another field with the same name in the "Design view" layout, and change the presence to invisible. I don't even have to link it to the xml data, simply select Global as the default binding.

Any ideas what I have done wrong, I assume it's a simple setting somewhere but I have no idea what it is.

Thanks

Russell
3 Replies

Former Community Member
Did you bind the field on the Master page to the data (If you moved it there the binding will be dropped - so it must be bound again)?

Former Community Member
If there, try removing the $. at the beginning of the binding that gets puts there if you select the item from the pop up list.

I have a text field that is read only and bound without the $. that was working fine for displaying data. I have a drop down that had the $. and was not saving. I removed the $. and now it is getting saved to the XML. However, it does not display on the next render of the form.

Former Community Member
Apparently changeType is a reserved word. I changed the schema and it now works.