Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Mass Import

Former Community Member
In the new release Update-1 / 8.2,

suppose I have hundreds of LCA files,

is there a way to import and configure all of them in one shot?

ie. just execute one command instead of using AdminUI to manually import and configure them one by one?

thanks
11 Replies

Level 2
Hi James,

You could use scripted LCA deployment. I believe it will do what you need.

Cheers.

Former Community Member
what is scripted LCA deployment?

it sounds like what I needed, but where's the manual/documentation?

thanks.

btw, can a LCA exported off a 8.0 ES server be imported into a 8.2 system?

Former Community Member
There is also a readme and the application located at <Live Cycle Install Directory>\LiveCycle_ES_SDK\misc\Foundation\ArchiveManagement, which also includes a windows batch file for calling the application manager via command line. There is also an eclipse project under Scripted-Lca-Deployment that could be customized as well.

Former Community Member
I finally installed a trial LCES 8.2 and checked the Readme and sample xml. But the sample doesn't seem to do what I wanted.

This is what I want:

I have 400 processes that I want to export/import from one system to the other. The manual process is to Import one LCA file, configure the TaskManager endpoint, setup its Security, then it can be used in the WorkSpace. I want an automated way that can get all 400 processes imported and configured and ready to be used in WorkSpace, in one shot.

From reading the Readme of Scripted Deployment and the Sample xml, it seems that I will need to edit a XML config file for each of the 400 LCA files that I want to set up. Am I right?

2ndly, I can't find any documentation on how to edit these XML files to set up my TaskManager endpoints and their Security.

Do you have sample XML files that can do what I want? If you do, could you email it to jdee66888@gmail.com ?? TIA.

Former Community Member
Why not do an upgrade then you would not have to move the processes?

Former Community Member
Why would the upgrade solve this issue? I don't understaand.

I have two separate servers,

one server has 400 processes,

the other server is a brand new server that has nothing,

my goal is to deploy these 400 processes from the first server to the new server.

Level 10
In LC ES update 1, you can export more than one process as part of an LCA.

Can you export all you processes in one LCA and import the one LCA?

Jasmin

Former Community Member
yes you are right. I have also found that out after posted my last message.

I was able to export multiple processes to one LCA, and import it too.

another good thing about the new Import was that, it appeared that the LCA included the configuration information (ie. the TaskManager, Security setup done in the AdminUI), so, as soon as I imported it, everything showed up in the WorkSpace and they were ready to go. No manual configuration was needed anymore. <--- Jasmin, could you verify that this is indeed the case? because I only tested it once, not 100% certain.

The "scripted deployment" method was not needed after all.

This is very nice. Good Job, Well Done, Adobe.

Former Community Member
Yes you are correct .... that info is now part of the LCA.