Expand my Community achievements bar.

Mandatory radio buttons highlighted border

Former Community Member
This may seem like a silly question, but is there a way to make a radio button group, that is mandatory, display with a red border around it if the highlight fields button is depressed in Reader? Every other field seems to show this border just fine, but the radio buttons do not (or at least I can't figure out how to get it to). I have tried setting the individual radio buttons themselves to have nullTest = "error";, but this then causes issues with my form submission because workspace thinks each radio button is mandatory. Even though one is selected from the group, workspace wants me to select each radio button that is mandatory.
4 Replies

Former Community Member
Try the following:

Select the exclusion group (parent of the radio buttons) in the hierarchy inspector. With this selected, go to the object inspector's value tab and select Type: "User Entered - Required".

John

Former Community Member
John,

Setting the radio button group to being required does not highlight the group, or the individual buttons when the highlight fields button is depressed in Reader. I have come up with a solution for my problem through some javascript coding. First for radio button groups that I need to be highlighted I am setting the nullTest = "error"; property for each radio button within the group on the docReady event. This will highlight the individual buttons when the highlight fields button is depressed. Next on the change event for the radio button group I am setting the nullTest = "disabled"; for each of these buttons within the group. The logic behind this is that once a radio button group has had a selection made there is no way to unselect the choice from the group. The mandatory requirement has been met for the group, so I no longer need to have each button set to mandatory. It's kind of an odd workaround in that you are removing the mandatory property from the radio group when a selection is required, but when you step back and look at the way a radio button group works, this all works well.

Level 4
Hi Kyle,

Witch version of Reader/Acrobat are you using? I have Acrobat 8.1.2 and I'm having the same problem and I'm sure that in earlier versions it did show a red border correctly.

It might be a bug in this version.

Anybody else has this problem?

Maybe I can email Adobe Support about this if somebody else is also having this problem.

Regards,

RonnyR