Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Mandating "Read Only" for All Attachments in Workspace

Former Community Member
All

Given that you can toggle the presence of the attachments window in Workspace from within an Assign Task service's properties, is there a good way to specify that ALL attachments are to be "read only"? Currently, when you add an attachment within Workspace, it allows the user to drop down and select from a list of permissions for that attachment.

What I'm looking for is a good way to ensure that once a user uploads an attachment within Workspace, then it is "read only".

Thanks
5 Replies

Former Community Member
I think you will have to write some custom code for that

let me know if you need any help

I will be more than happy to help you out

thanks

girish

mergeandfuse@gmail.com

Former Community Member

Hi Girish,

I would like to know what needs to be done (coding or even otherwise) required to make the attachments readonly and also not allow workspace users to be able to delete or add new attachments.

Sudheendra

nidleksrao@yahoo.co.in

Level 2

Hi,

In the workflow you have to loop through the attachmentList from the Assign Task operation and set the permission in the document attribute before the next assign task operation.

setDocAttribute(/process_data/attachmentVar[1],"wspermission", "1")

wspermission

A bit mask number that represents the access permissions for the document.

Access permissions determine how the document can be used when it is attached to a task. The value of the number is the sum of the number that represents each access permission provided for the document.

Read access: 1

Write access: 2

Delete access: 4

Valid values are 1, 3, 5, and 7. For example, the value of wspermission for a document with read and write access is 3.

7 (Read, write, and delete access)

For reference check the link: http://livedocs.adobe.com/livecycle/8.2/wb_help/wwhelp/wwhimpl/common/html/wwhelp.htm?context=Workbe...

Regards,

Waqas

Level 2

Hi,

Please mark the discussion as "Answered".

Regards,

Waqas