Expand my Community achievements bar.

Making the form Readonly in subsequent stages in a process

Level 2
Hi all,

I have a situation where we want to make the form readonly in subsequent stages.Let me put it this way-

In my process the user1 will fill the form and hit on complete button. the user2 opens the form but the form should be readonly to the user2. He should have a action button at the button called Edit and when hits on the action the same form pops up and the fields are enabled and he can make modifications.

Th form goes to User3 and the form should be again readonly with same edit button and the form pops up and he can make modifications...

how can this be achieved?

Please help me with this.

Thanks in advance.
3 Replies

Former Community Member
sure it is possible. Can you send me the form, will do it for you and send it back

or you would need to have 3 forms - one for user1 and one for user2. The form for user2 needs to have edit button when clicked will will make all the fields on the form editable

let me know if you need any help on this

girish

mergeandfuse@gmail.com

Level 10
You would need to put script on the form that makes fields available or read only based on the value of a hidden field.

You can control the value of the hidden field by setting the value from the process once User1 submits the form (so that it's read only for User2).

You could also control it from the click of the button so that you can make the fields available again.

Jasmin

Former Community Member
BPM User

The way I usually tackle state changes for a form across multiple user steps is by having a hidden text field on my form called txtStep. In my process, I then stuff this field with an appropriate value using a SetValue operation. In the form, I have code that is called on the form's initialize event that checks to see what value is in that text field. Depending on what the value is in that field, I change the form appropriately.

For example, just prior to your second user step you could use a SetValue to set the value of this text field to the string "user2". In your form's initialize event (pick any one - such as a page's initialize event), check to see what the value is. If the value is "user2" then you know to lock down the form but have the "Edit" button displayed to the user.

Feel free to email me if you have any questions.

Josh Boyle

Cardinal Solutions Group

jboyle@cardinalsolutoins.com