Expand my Community achievements bar.

Major Bug: Dynamic Forms not Accessible

Former Community Member
I've been having trouble with this for a while, and I can't explain it other than a bug in LiveCycle 7.1.

Basically, I am trying to create an accessible PDF. The form is tagged properly and all the screen reader text is complete on the Accessiblity palette. Here's the tricky part:

When I save the form as "static", it works fine with the screen reader. But the form does have some dynamic elements, so when I save it as "dynamic" the screen reader (Adobe's built-in "Read Out Loud" function), keeps saying:

"Warning: Empty Page" and no matter where I click on the page it says "Blank".

I've tried saving it in various formats as "dynamic", but nothing seems to work. Again, when I save it as "static" everything works fine (except the dynamic elements on the form of course).

Any help would be greatly appreciated, is this infact a major bug in LiveCycle?

Thanks in advance.

P.S. The "Generate accessibility tags" in the save as dialog box is always checked.
3 Replies

Former Community Member
Update:

The Read Out Loud function works fine with Adobe Reader 7.0.9, so this seems to be happening in 8.0 only. But the form must be compatible with everything 7.0 and higher, so it must work in 8.0.

I even tried downloading LiveCycle ES and saving the form in 8.0 dynamic, and still Adobe Reader 8.0 Read Out Loud function will not read the form's content. It will simply say "Warning, Empty page".

Former Community Member
Anyone have any experience with this? It's been a month and its been very frustrating.

Former Community Member
the pdf PROGRAMING ACTIONSCRIPT(tm) 3.0 off of adobe's site does the same thing. In other words adobe acrobat will not read some pdf files that are available on the adobe site. too bad ...