Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

MAC

Former Community Member
Hi,

I have created several forms with Adobe designer on windows they work fine, but when a user wants to download them and complete them on Mac I have problems thay cannot open the form.

How can I make my form compatible? Can I still use Formcalc or Javascript?
16 Replies

Level 7

I have the same issue....Any takers on this?

Aditya

Former Community Member

Do you know the program being used to view the PDFs? Apple's standard PDF viewer "Preview" will not handle the interactive or dynamic forms. You must use Adobe's software.

Former Community Member

I have confirmed that Adobe's Reader for Mac handles interactive and dynamic forms well. Make sure the software is updated to the latest to be sure (9.3.3).

Level 7

Adobe's Reader for MAC is a separate download?

Aditya

Level 7

I downloaded the Mac version and the form still didn't seem to work. Have you accessed an interactive form using a Mac?

Aditya

Former Community Member

Yes, I've tried it myself. Could you send so I could take a look? Send to westlakejager@me.com

Level 1

Did this ever get resolved? I'm working on developing a form and I am having problems with folks not being able to save the form.

They end up printing and faxing the form instead of emailing it back.

Level 7

The saving issue maybe due to the form not being extended.

In my situation the users are unable to fill the form e.g. The date field doesn't display the date.

Aditya

Former Community Member

Are they using Adobe's Reader for the Mac or the native Apple application for reading PDFs (called Preview)? Preview will not understand the Reader Extensions code and I do not know if Preview allows you to save a file locally or not.

Paul

Level 7

In my situation, they confirmed that they are using Reader for Mac.

Aditya

Former Community Member

Aditya -

Can you send the form so I can verify it will work with the Mac version of Adobe Reader? Please send to westlakejager@me.com

Former Community Member

I received the form. It appears you have not extended reader rights using Acrobat. To do so, after saving in LiveCycle, open in Acrobat and under the Advanced Menu, select "Extend Features in Adobe Reader" to allow the user to save the data. I was able to use the drop down menus and add and remove sections just fine.

What other problems are you having?

Level 7

The user was complaining about the date fields. Can you fill some dummy data, save and email it back to me? I will email you the extended version. Are you using Reader to fill this form?

Aditya

Former Community Member

Preview allows saving the data, however does not support interactive or dynamic forms.