to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
BedrockMission!

Learn More

Sign in to view all badges

Replies

14-10-2005

Hi,

>started JBoss using the run.bat file and then

I'm not sure this will resolve the problem, but, did you ever try to start through the Windows Services panel instead?

I can't recall how this was related to a particular problem, but I do remember that using the JBoss rervice to start the application, did resolve some issues I had been facing then. I now always use the Services panel, to start the application.

HTH,

Evangelos

14-10-2005

Some further comments/ideas that came up:

1) NFR2 stands for Not For Resale and is NOT related to the problem. It just means that this is either an evaluation or demonstration version as Vs. a licensed production version.

2)

>I now understand that if you install Workflow

>using the "Administrator" account, workflow

>will not allow you to login.

I have done this several times with no problems. Actually, I have always performed LiveCycle installations with admin account "Administrator".

On the other side, Active Directory could be a possible cause for the problem (BTW, as Koward wrote, AD is not initially required).

It is possible that LiveCycle authentication/login, somehow fails to attempt a Windows Integrated Authentication method (which I think is a feature the LiveCycle supports).

Hence, I would try to obtain a Windows admin account of "Administrator", password set to "password", then login into this account, install/run the application from there within, and see what happens...

Evangelos

14-10-2005

I have been trying in vane for the past week and a half: installing, un-installing, starting, re-starting and re-booting LC Form Manager with LC WorkFlow and LC Forms, trying different ideas to solve my problem: I can log in to adminui, but never to Workflow Designer. This morning I uninstalled again, and then re-installed again, but this time left LC Forms out of the picture, and voila! I was able to log in to Workflow Designer for the first time. I was able to log in to Workflow Designer using "Administrator" and "password" and also as LDAP users who had been given the Workflow Designer role. It seems that something in LC Forms gets in the way. I am getting a fresh copy of LC Forms to try, in case it was an older release of LC Forms 7.0 I was using, or a bad copy of LC Forms that I was using.

Carman

14-10-2005

PS:

I have always logged in to my workstation as Administrator, and have never had trouble logging in to adminui as "Administrator" with "password". The "known problem" of being unable to log in as "Administrator" when currently logged in to the workstation as "Administrator" has never occurred to me.

Carman

19-10-2005

It looks like I have finally set up the environment.

It turns out that (IMHO) that the Configuration Manager was the issue. If I run the Configuration Manager and deploy using the turnkey method, I found that I was having problems with the services. I found that if I rebooted my server after deployment and then manually started the services everything seemed to work. I started the services in the following order. MySQL, JBoss for BAM and then Jboss for Workflow. I also allowed ample time between steps before moving onto the next one.

This same problem that was causing me to not be able to log in to the adminui portal was causing me to not be able to login to the Workflow Designer.

Boost 5
Level 9
HowardTreisman
Level 9

5 likes

Total Posts

936 posts

Correct Reply

9 solutions
Top badges earned
Boost 5
Boost 3
Boost 1
Affirm 5
Affirm 3
View profile

Boost 5
Level 9
HowardTreisman
Level 9

5 likes

Total Posts

936 posts

Correct Reply

9 solutions
Top badges earned
Boost 5
Boost 3
Boost 1
Affirm 5
Affirm 3
View profile
HowardTreisman
Level 9

30-10-2005

A small clarification. When I said:

> 1. I don't install Livecycle Forms

> (you get that for free with Form Manager)

I meant that you get it INSTALLED for free, NOT that you actually receive the product for free. You still have to purchase a license, you just don't have to install it separately.

Howard

14-01-2006

Hi all,,

Every thing was running fine for my little testing LC WF & FM. However, while being in a demo, suddenly, I was not able to login to any thing (FM AdminUI, FM & LC Process Designer).

All the users including (administrator/password) are not able to login.

This is a very strange behaviour?

What is the concluding suggestion for your experience Stone?

Anas