Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

logging into a fresh installed copy of LiveCycle Workflow

Former Community Member
Hello,

I'm trying to install a copy of LiveCycle workflow using the turnkey option. I've used the copy of JBoss and MySQL included with the version I have. I'm using a PDF file called "Installing and Configuring LiveCycle Workflow" as a guide.

I am at the point where I've installed everything and I've ran Configuration Manager with no issues. I've tested JBoss and it seems fine as well.

My problem is, when I go to the URL http://localhost:8080/adminui and attempt to log in, the default username/password is invalid. The guide indicates that the default is administrator/password. I've tried different variations of this with no luck.

What could be the cause? What is a solution?
20 Replies

Former Community Member
Did you have any other LiveCycle products already installed on the same machine? I wonder if it is conflicting with another installation? The documentation does say username of "administrator" with a password of "password". Are you still logged into JBoss with the same account you used to install/deploy the Workflow product?

Level 9
Hi

What error message are you getting in the web browser?

And are there any error messages in the server log file at: C:\Adobe\LiveCycle\jboss\server\all\log\server.log\

Howard

Howard Treisman

Avoka Technologies

Specializing in LiveCycle Components and Solutions

http://www.avoka.com/avoka/qpac_library.shtml

Former Community Member
Hi,

Did you manage to login even once? What about logging into the Form Manager ui at http://localhost:8080/fm ? Are you unable to login there too?

I would look at Active Directory-LDAP misconfiguration, or enabling SSL when you run configuration manager as part of the installation.

Why don't you try to run again Configuration Editor and thus redeploy the product. This is located at C:\Adobe\LiveCycle\configurationManager

If you have not done any work to loose, I think the easiest and quickest way to overcome this problem, would be to stop any related services (JBoss for Adobe LiveCycle, JBoss for Adobe LiveCycle Workflow BAM, MySQL for Adobe LiveCycle), delete the contents of the installation root C:\Adobe, and re-install everything. Using turnk key installation default options (dont select the advanced settings path, this would take no more than 20-30 minutes.

My two cents...

~Evangelos

Level 9
I'd also make sure that you use the "automatic" option in Configuration Manager - this copies the required files to the Jboss deploy directory. If you use the "manual" option, you need to manually copy the files.

This batch file should do what you need if this is your problem...

copy C:\Adobe\LiveCycle\configurationManager\export\LiveCycle.ear C:\Adobe\LiveCycle\jboss\server\all\deploy

copy C:\Adobe\LiveCycle\configurationManager\export\adobe-FontManager.war C:\Adobe\LiveCycle\jboss\server\all\deploy

copy C:\Adobe\LiveCycle\configurationManager\deploy\jboss\LCMBootstrapper.war C:\Adobe\LiveCycle\jboss\server\all\deploy

copy C:\Adobe\LiveCycle\components\csa\jboss\lib\adobe\DocumentServicesLibrary.jar C:\Adobe\LiveCycle\jboss\server\all\lib

pause

Howard

Howard Treisman

Avoka Technologies

Specializing in LiveCycle Components and Solutions

Former Community Member
Hi all, after moving onto another project, I am back to the same problems I was experiencing last month.

I now understand that if you install Workflow using the "Administrator" account, workflow will not allow you to login. According to one of the Adobe educators, this is a known issue to Adobe.

I've looked at all all your responses and still have the same dilemma. Here's what I am trying to do in a VMWare image.

Install win2K3 server

Install Active Directory

Create new admin account stonegolem

Log out and back in as stonegolem

Create user accounts that are part of the workflow

Install Java JVM/JDK

Install Form Manager (using the turnkey option, without running configuration manager)

Install LiveCycle forms (using the turnkey option, without running configuration manager)

Install LiveCycle Workflow (using the turnkey option)

Running configuration manager to deploy.

In theory, at this point I should be able to install workflow designer on any machine and during install, point it to my newly created server and login. This is where I get the invalid username/password. This occurs even if I install the designer right on the server.

Is the LDAP server automatically instantiated when AD is installed? I'm in a grey area when it comes to LDAP... I'm thinking that this could be a part of my problem.

Any suggestions/problems with the above that you can see?

Thanks in advance for your response/suggestions.

Stone

Level 9
Hi

Not sure exactly what's going on, but I can tell you what I do differently to you (and my install does work). You may want to try to replicate what I do, and see if you have any more success...

1. I don't install Livecycle Forms (you get that for free with Form Manager)

2. I only use the turnkey option for Workflow - all the preceding installs I manually configure them to use JBoss.

3. You don't need LDAP at all to be able to connect to Livecycle using administrator/password - ignore that part of it for now.

4. No, LDAP is not automatically configured - you configure it AFTER you've successfully logged into http://localhost:8080/adminui with administrator/password.

I'd suggest:

- Uninstalling (make sure you shut down the JBoss and MySQL nt services) and reinstalling as suggested above.

- Shut down the JBoss For Livecycle NT service, and start the Jboss server using the run.bat file in the Jboss/bin directory. That way, you can see if any exceptions get thrown.

- Post the C:\Adobe\LiveCycle\jboss\server\all\log\server.log file to this forum (make sure you delete it before restarting the server, otherwise it will be huge.) That will give us clues about what might be going wrong.

(Um - not sure how to post attachments on this forum - can anyone help with that?)

Howard

Howard Treisman

Avoka Technologies

Custom QPACs and LiveCycle solutions

Former Community Member
Hi

I've had the same problem, just with the LiveCycle Policyserver, so I think I can help you.

I found out that the problem was the regional settings of the operatingsystem when you install the server.

Try this if your not using English:

un-install the server and data base, set your regional and language settings to English, on your operating system. re-install the server and now you will be able to log in as administrator with password as password.

Now you can set your regional settings back to your preferred language.

This worked for me for LC PolicyServer on windows 2003 with Jboss

Soren Hoy Nielsen

Dafolo A/S

Former Community Member
I'd like to thank everyone for their responses thus far...

I've just repeated the entire installation and have considered all suggestions.

When I get to the http://localhost:8080/adminui/login.faces screen,

I plug in my administrator/password and I still get the same "Invalid User/Password" message. Same thing happened when I attempt to login at http://localhost:8080/fm/.

I've looked into the server.log and have found this each time I make an attempt:

2005-10-13 15:05:33,257 ERROR [com.adobe.idp.um.businesslogic.authentication.AuthenticationManagerBean] No Auth Providers found

2005-10-13 15:05:33,273 WARN [com.adobe.idp.common.errors.exception.IDPLoggedException] UserM:GENERIC_WARNING: [Thread: http-0.0.0.0-8080-Processor25, hc: 6205742 ]com.adobe.idp.common.errors.exception.IDPLoggedException| [AuthenticationManagerBean] errorCode:12801 errorCodeHEX:0x3201 message:No Auth Providers found in Config

Sooooo.... judging by the fact that my user can't be authenticated, must mean that something is f'd up somewhere. Question is where?

When installing Windows Server 2k3, I used a password that wasn't "password". I created a new admin account, logged out then back in with the newly created admin account. I then installed JVM/JDK (j2sdk1.4.2_09). Then installed Form Manager using the turnkey, then installed Workflow using the turnkey. Then ran config manager and deployed everything. All went smoothly without any issues. I then rebooted (logged in with the new admin account), started JBoss using the run.bat file and then browsed to http://localhost:8080/adminui (this is using IE directly on the server as opposed to connecting from another computer on the network) and tried to login for the first time... this is where I get the "Invalid User/Password" error.

Previous suggestions have been to reinstall components... this seems to be a fruitless exercise that I have tried many times with no success. I've used the default values while installing the OS, with the exception of the time zone (EST).

A couple of notes about my environment.... I am using a VMWare image that has Win 2K3 server with active directory installed. I'm using a bridged network, so I can see my VMWare image on my company's network. It uses a IP address that I did not assign. All my work has been performed within the VMWare image.

Another thing I noticed is while running Config manager, the license type is "NFR2". I'm not sure what this means, but I suspect that I have a copy that is not the "full" version, rather one that is "not for resale". I'm not too sure if this has anything to to with my issue but I'm at the point where I am running out of options and time.

Any help would be very much appreciated... and sorry this is so long winded.

Stone

Former Community Member
Oh yeah, the log file is 600 Kb. Too big to post here! :)<br /><br />But I can email it to you.... stevecampbell130@<NOSPAM>yahoo.com

Former Community Member
Hi,

>started JBoss using the run.bat file and then

I'm not sure this will resolve the problem, but, did you ever try to start through the Windows Services panel instead?

I can't recall how this was related to a particular problem, but I do remember that using the JBoss rervice to start the application, did resolve some issues I had been facing then. I now always use the Services panel, to start the application.

HTH,

Evangelos

Former Community Member
Some further comments/ideas that came up:

1) NFR2 stands for Not For Resale and is NOT related to the problem. It just means that this is either an evaluation or demonstration version as Vs. a licensed production version.

2)

>I now understand that if you install Workflow

>using the "Administrator" account, workflow

>will not allow you to login.

I have done this several times with no problems. Actually, I have always performed LiveCycle installations with admin account "Administrator".

On the other side, Active Directory could be a possible cause for the problem (BTW, as Koward wrote, AD is not initially required).

It is possible that LiveCycle authentication/login, somehow fails to attempt a Windows Integrated Authentication method (which I think is a feature the LiveCycle supports).

Hence, I would try to obtain a Windows admin account of "Administrator", password set to "password", then login into this account, install/run the application from there within, and see what happens...

Evangelos

Former Community Member
I have been trying in vane for the past week and a half: installing, un-installing, starting, re-starting and re-booting LC Form Manager with LC WorkFlow and LC Forms, trying different ideas to solve my problem: I can log in to adminui, but never to Workflow Designer. This morning I uninstalled again, and then re-installed again, but this time left LC Forms out of the picture, and voila! I was able to log in to Workflow Designer for the first time. I was able to log in to Workflow Designer using "Administrator" and "password" and also as LDAP users who had been given the Workflow Designer role. It seems that something in LC Forms gets in the way. I am getting a fresh copy of LC Forms to try, in case it was an older release of LC Forms 7.0 I was using, or a bad copy of LC Forms that I was using.

Carman

Former Community Member
PS:

I have always logged in to my workstation as Administrator, and have never had trouble logging in to adminui as "Administrator" with "password". The "known problem" of being unable to log in as "Administrator" when currently logged in to the workstation as "Administrator" has never occurred to me.

Carman

Former Community Member
It looks like I have finally set up the environment.

It turns out that (IMHO) that the Configuration Manager was the issue. If I run the Configuration Manager and deploy using the turnkey method, I found that I was having problems with the services. I found that if I rebooted my server after deployment and then manually started the services everything seemed to work. I started the services in the following order. MySQL, JBoss for BAM and then Jboss for Workflow. I also allowed ample time between steps before moving onto the next one.

This same problem that was causing me to not be able to log in to the adminui portal was causing me to not be able to login to the Workflow Designer.

Level 9
A small clarification. When I said:

> 1. I don't install Livecycle Forms

> (you get that for free with Form Manager)

I meant that you get it INSTALLED for free, NOT that you actually receive the product for free. You still have to purchase a license, you just don't have to install it separately.

Howard

Former Community Member
Hi all,,

Every thing was running fine for my little testing LC WF & FM. However, while being in a demo, suddenly, I was not able to login to any thing (FM AdminUI, FM & LC Process Designer).

All the users including (administrator/password) are not able to login.

This is a very strange behaviour?

What is the concluding suggestion for your experience Stone?

Anas

Former Community Member
Hi

I had the same problem as the initial poster described. First of all do know that the login says "Invalid username/pas.. " even given that it is an serious error in the subsystems. For me checking the configuration log at:

C:\Adobe\LiveCycle8\configurationManager\log

Told me that I was missing an database table, which was correctly since the installer stopped when it meant that port 8080 was taken (i.e. JBOss failed). However, it was wrong regarding port 8080. But the issue is that my configuration was interuppted and stopped. And I had to run the configuration manually afterwards making sure that the initiliaze database was runned.

Hope this helps someone

Tore Skobba