Expand my Community achievements bar.

Lock Fields with Submit

Former Community Member
Running LC ES with SP2.

I want to lock the fields or make them read only after the user submits the form. I don't have or need a digital signature for the initial submission.

Any thoughts? I have tried flattening the form and that isn't working. It is still editable by the manager who gets the form and it's even editable when the user receives the final approval or rejection from the manager.

I know how to lock them down when the manager signs but what about after the user submits. That is what I really need done.

Thanks,

John
3 Replies

Former Community Member
Did you try to create a script to set the field properties to read-only?

Former Community Member
is it possible to set a group of text fields (in a subform is fine) to read only by using another field?

in other words, I have a form that a manager will fill out a section with client info, then "lock" that section and send it to the client. The client should not be able to change that information but be able to continue filling out the rest of the form and then return it to us. it must all be client side, no server will be used

I built it in infopath and just have a "password" field that our managers use to set a section to read only. it's not very secure, just a default word I set for all managers, but that security is fine for this

Former Community Member
Hi David,

If I dont understand wrong,

you can set fields readOnly property by script.

if(anotherField.rawValue == "MyDesiredValue"){

myField1.access = "readOnly";

myField2.access = "readOnly";

}

Hope helps,

Asiye