Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

localize new workspace ES lenguage: error compiling swc file

Former Community Member
Hi,

I'm trying to localize Workspace ES to another language (in detail Italian). But when I launch the command line to compile the SWC file this following error appears:

Loading configuration file C:\Adobe\Flex Builder 3\Flex SDK 2\frameworks\flex-config.xml

Error: could not find source for resource bundle data.

The compile command is:

compc -locale=it -output=export/it/workspace_rb.swc -source-path ./it "C:/Adobe/Flex Builder 3/Flex SDK 2/frameworks/locale/" -include-esource-bundles alc_wks_client_msg alc_wks_client_trace alc_wks_client_ui SharedResources collections controls core data effects formatters logging messaging rpc skins states styles utils validators --

Anyone has a similar problem and how do you fix it?
5 Replies

Level 2
Hi Valerio,

Which version of LiveCycle Workspace ES are you trying to localize? 8.0.1.x (ES) or 8.2 (ES Update 1)?

Level 2
Hi,

It appears to me that are you using Flex Builder 3? If so,

it looks like your path to the Flex SDK 2 is incorrect...

Try this:

compc -locale=it -output=export/es/workspace_rb.swc -source-path

./it "C:/program files/adobe/flex builder 3/sdks/2.0.1/frameworks/locale/

es_ES" -include-resource-bundles alc_wks_client_msg alc_wks_client_trace

alc_wks_client_ui SharedResources collections controls core data effects

formatters logging messaging rpc skins states styles utils validators --

For more details, take a look also in the localization section at the guide at http://www.adobe.com/go/learn_lc_customizeWorkspace (page 21 for the command and page 36 for the localization steps).

Hope that helps!

Former Community Member
Ok Thanks,

I didn't understood why "...frameworks/locale/es_ES"? In my "C:\Adobe\Flex Builder 3\sdks\2.0.1\frameworks\locale" path there are only "en_US" and "ja_JP" folders.

However, maybe I have discovered where the problem come from.

There isn't the data.properties file inside the folder! How is possible?

Infact if I leave out the "data" bundle in the command line I'm able to compile the swc.

I must include the data boundle if I want that myworkspace work? Where can I find this file?

Level 2
The data file "should" be included as part of the sdks that are provided. This is the data.properties file that should be included in the resource bundle for the flex data services (fds_rb.swc) for the specific locale you are compiling. For example, if you are compiling against es_ES, open the fds_rb_rb.swc file from C:\Program Files\Adobe\Flex Builder 3\sdks\3.0.1.lc\frameworks\locale\es_ES using an archive browser such as WinZip or WinRAR. You should see a data.properties file in the fds_rb.swc.

Hope that helps!