Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

LiveCycle Policy Server competitors

Former Community Member
Are there any direct competitors to LiveCycle Policy Server that (1) do not require our PDFs and customer information (ie, the groups to which we apply the policies) to reside elsewhere, and (2) do not require the enduser to use anything other than Acrobat Reader (ie, no 3rd-party plug-ins). We are considering buying LiveCycle Policy Server and I need to have some info for comparison before we can move forward. Thanks in advance! - Stan
4 Replies

Former Community Member
We've used LockLizard SafeGuard to secure our company documents but we've noticed that there is an Un-Protector for LockLizard Protected pdc files "LockLizard PDC Un-Protector" which has been released by a pirate group DVT which can extract the raw pdfs from LockLizard protected pdc Files.

It's a very bad news for us. We do not know which drm company we can really trust.

Former Community Member
Are we allowed to point out pirated/cracked versions on Adobe forums? Really, if even these forums get infected with such crap... needless to say more.

So what DRM company we can trust? Any popular solution gets cracked sooner or later... if you really are a DRM user, you should know. Should we just use one that hasn't been used before? My company is not gonna be a beta tester for someone else...

Have you seen an Adobe product that hasn't been cracked? Or Microsoft? Or whatever popular product?

Former Community Member
Microsoft Rights Management Service aka RMS. This supports Word, Excel, PPT out of the box and w/ GigaTrust addons can support e-mail, PDF Blacberry and other file formats. Has not been cracked (yet)