Highlighted

LiveCycle ES Errors and memory usage

jim1234

31-03-2009

I installed the turnkey JBoss installation of LiveCycle ES for trial on Windows Server 2003. For a while everything seemed to be ok. When I was attempting to connect to JBoss throuh Powerbuilder, which I couldn't get to work, I looked at the JBoss log files. I noticed the server.log files were around 80Mb each day. The error below was occuring every few seconds. I tried restarting the JBoss process, but it kept eating more and more memory, and after about 10 minutes it was at 1.3 Gb, so I stopped it. Any help appreciated.<br /><br />Jim<br /><br />2009-03-30 00:00:00,492 INFO [org.jboss.ejb.plugins.jms.JMSContainerInvoker] Trying to reconnect to JMS provider<br />2009-03-30 00:00:01,523 ERROR [org.jboss.ejb.plugins.jms.JMSContainerInvoker] Reconnect failed: JMS provider failure detected:<br />javax.naming.CommunicationException: Could not obtain connection to any of these urls: 0.0.0.0:1100 [Root exception is javax.naming.CommunicationException: Failed to connect to server 0.0.0.0:1100 [Root exception is javax.naming.ServiceUnavailableException: Failed to connect to server 0.0.0.0:1100 [Root exception is java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect]]]<br /> at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.checkRef(NamingContext.java:1399)<br /> at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:579)<br /> at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:572)<br /> at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:351)<br /> at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.jms.DLQHandler.createService(DLQHandler.java:151)<br /> at org.jboss.system.ServiceMBeanSupport.jbossInternalCreate(ServiceMBeanSupport.java:245)<br /> at org.jboss.system.ServiceMBeanSupport.create(ServiceMBeanSupport.java:173)<br /> at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.jms.JMSContainerInvoker.innerStartDelivery(JMSContainerInvoker.java:605)<br /> at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.jms.JMSContainerInvoker$ExceptionListenerImpl.run(JMSContainerInvoker.java:1471)<br /> at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)<br />Caused by: javax.naming.CommunicationException: Failed to connect to server 0.0.0.0:1100 [Root exception is javax.naming.ServiceUnavailableException: Failed to connect to server 0.0.0.0:1100 [Root exception is java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect]]<br /> at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.getServer(NamingContext.java:254)<br /> at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.checkRef(NamingContext.java:1370)<br /> ... 9 more<br />Caused by: javax.naming.ServiceUnavailableException: Failed to connect to server 0.0.0.0:1100 [Root exception is java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect]<br /> at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.getServer(NamingContext.java:228)<br /> ... 10 more<br />Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect<br /> at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)<br /> at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(PlainSocketImpl.java:333)<br /> at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:193)<br /> at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:182)<br /> at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:366)<br /> at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:520)<br /> at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:470)<br /> at java.net.Socket.<init>(Socket.java:367)<br /> at java.net.Socket.<init>(Socket.java:267)<br /> at org.jnp.interfaces.TimedSocketFactory.createSocket(TimedSocketFactory.java:69)<br /> at org.jnp.interfaces.TimedSocketFactory.createSocket(TimedSocketFactory.java:62)<br /> at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.getServer(NamingContext.java:224)<br /> ... 10 more

Replies

Highlighted

Steve_L_Walker

31-03-2009

Jim,



This is likely a problem with the JDBC connection pool definition in adobe-ds.xml. See



http://blogs.adobe.com/livecycle/adobe_livecycle_es/



and the entry for November 13, 2008 'LiveCycle - MySQL JDBC Data Source Definition for a Stable Environment'.



A sample adobe-ds.xml file is available here.



Steve
Highlighted

jim1234

03-04-2009

I think that was it. I updated the JDBC driver and made the changes in the adobe-ds.xml file. Since then it seems to be working better.



Thanks.