Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

LiveCycle ES Errors and memory usage

Level 2
I installed the turnkey JBoss installation of LiveCycle ES for trial on Windows Server 2003. For a while everything seemed to be ok. When I was attempting to connect to JBoss throuh Powerbuilder, which I couldn't get to work, I looked at the JBoss log files. I noticed the server.log files were around 80Mb each day. The error below was occuring every few seconds. I tried restarting the JBoss process, but it kept eating more and more memory, and after about 10 minutes it was at 1.3 Gb, so I stopped it. Any help appreciated.<br /><br />Jim<br /><br />2009-03-30 00:00:00,492 INFO [org.jboss.ejb.plugins.jms.JMSContainerInvoker] Trying to reconnect to JMS provider<br />2009-03-30 00:00:01,523 ERROR [org.jboss.ejb.plugins.jms.JMSContainerInvoker] Reconnect failed: JMS provider failure detected:<br />javax.naming.CommunicationException: Could not obtain connection to any of these urls: 0.0.0.0:1100 [Root exception is javax.naming.CommunicationException: Failed to connect to server 0.0.0.0:1100 [Root exception is javax.naming.ServiceUnavailableException: Failed to connect to server 0.0.0.0:1100 [Root exception is java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect]]]<br /> at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.checkRef(NamingContext.java:1399)<br /> at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:579)<br /> at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:572)<br /> at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:351)<br /> at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.jms.DLQHandler.createService(DLQHandler.java:151)<br /> at org.jboss.system.ServiceMBeanSupport.jbossInternalCreate(ServiceMBeanSupport.java:245)<br /> at org.jboss.system.ServiceMBeanSupport.create(ServiceMBeanSupport.java:173)<br /> at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.jms.JMSContainerInvoker.innerStartDelivery(JMSContainerInvoker.java:605)<br /> at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.jms.JMSContainerInvoker$ExceptionListenerImpl.run(JMSContainerInvoker.java:1471)<br /> at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)<br />Caused by: javax.naming.CommunicationException: Failed to connect to server 0.0.0.0:1100 [Root exception is javax.naming.ServiceUnavailableException: Failed to connect to server 0.0.0.0:1100 [Root exception is java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect]]<br /> at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.getServer(NamingContext.java:254)<br /> at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.checkRef(NamingContext.java:1370)<br /> ... 9 more<br />Caused by: javax.naming.ServiceUnavailableException: Failed to connect to server 0.0.0.0:1100 [Root exception is java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect]<br /> at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.getServer(NamingContext.java:228)<br /> ... 10 more<br />Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect<br /> at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)<br /> at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(PlainSocketImpl.java:333)<br /> at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:193)<br /> at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:182)<br /> at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:366)<br /> at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:520)<br /> at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:470)<br /> at java.net.Socket.<init>(Socket.java:367)<br /> at java.net.Socket.<init>(Socket.java:267)<br /> at org.jnp.interfaces.TimedSocketFactory.createSocket(TimedSocketFactory.java:69)<br /> at org.jnp.interfaces.TimedSocketFactory.createSocket(TimedSocketFactory.java:62)<br /> at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.getServer(NamingContext.java:224)<br /> ... 10 more
3 Replies

Former Community Member
Jim,

This is likely a problem with the JDBC connection pool definition in adobe-ds.xml. See

http://blogs.adobe.com/livecycle/adobe_livecycle_es/

and the entry for November 13, 2008 'LiveCycle - MySQL JDBC Data Source Definition for a Stable Environment'.

A sample adobe-ds.xml file is available here.

Steve

Level 2
I think that was it. I updated the JDBC driver and made the changes in the adobe-ds.xml file. Since then it seems to be working better.

Thanks.