Expand my Community achievements bar.

LiveCycle Designer 8.0 - Image Field Issue

Former Community Member
I am using LiveCycle Designer 8. Ive inserted an image field and when I test it, the image doesnt scale proportionally even though the properties are set up correctly (Scale image proportionally). I understand that in order to get this to work, the files needs to be saved as a dynamic PDF, but I don't have an option of saving as a dynamic PDF. The only "Save as" type options I have are Adobe 7 (Static) PDF Form and Adobe 8 (Static) PDF Form. I also don't have an option of saving as a "dynamic" PDF in the Acrobat Save As window.

Is there a way to work around this or am I doing something wrong. The file was designed in InDesign, exported to a PDF and then brought into LiveCycle to insert text fields and an image field for a user to input their contact info and their logo. The 5 text fields work perfectly and the one image field works EXCEPT for scaling proportionally even though the properties for that field are set correctly.

I appreciate any assistance. Thanks!
1 Reply

Former Community Member
Did you import the file using "Create an Interactive Form with Fixed Pages" as your selection on the Import dialog? If so, this brings in the original InDesign PDF as "artwork" (a background layer) on which your form fields are placed. This document can't be dynamic. That might be the issue.