Expand my Community achievements bar.

LiveCycle 8 and .Net

Former Community Member
I am running Adobe LiveCycle 8, and would like to use it to develop some forms for an ASP .Net web application. I am using the Visual Studio 2005 IDE, and have downloaded Adobe LiveCycle Designer add-in for Microsoft Visual Studio .NET from Ensemble Systems. Unfortunately, I believe that it was designed for LiveCycle 7.x. Will I be able to use it with LiveCycle 8?

Also, does running LiveCycle on a Web server require server-side software, or is it just a case of making surre the dll's are in the right place?
2 Replies

Former Community Member

Hi (iddjoe), May be this is a really really late response for you. In any case, I had the same issue in my mind and so wrote to ENSEMBLE systems. they responsed to me like this. To quote them, "The VS Addin actually doesn’t offer too much functionality other than what the baseline LC designer 8.0 supports.  The only integration piece was to have an integrated menu that would allow content to be created within visual studio.  Using designer 8, you should be able to create all the forms and functionality, then just put it as a resource in your visual studio project."

Just thought this note it will be useful for the forum to know about this.

Also they mentioned that ENSEMBLE systems currently has no plans on moving the add-in to the latest version of LC designer 8 since they feel the LC designer itself might handle what they were doing it for LC designer 7.X