Expand my Community achievements bar.

LiveCycle 8.0 Digital Signature shows Orange Flag ONLY IF Blank Form Has Submit or Email Button

Former Community Member
My subject line says it all. After a lot of experimenting, including reinstalling Adobe Designer Standard 8.0, I have found that, in Adobe LiveCycle 8.0.1291.1.339988, my drag-and-dropped Document Signature Field will include a clickable orange flag ONLY IF the blank form I started with includes an E-mail button or Submit button. Strange but true. If you then delete these buttons, the orange clickable flag still appears fine.

Try it...

In Adobe Designer Standard 8.0 LiveCycle:

1. File > New.

2. Select Use a blank form, Next.

3. Next.

4. In Form Return Setup dialog box, DEselect Add an Email button and DEselect Add a print button (so that both are NOT checkmarked).

5. Click Finish.

6. Drag a Document Signature Field to the blank page.

7. Click PDF Review tab. Note that no orange clickable flag appears for the user then to be able to use for entering a digital signature.

Close the page.

Try a variation now that will work (yielding an orange clickable flag):

1. File > New.

2. Select Use a blank form, Next.

3. Next.

4. In Form Return Setup dialog box, SELECT either the Add an Email button OR the Add a print button (so that either IS checkmarked).

5. Click Finish.

6. Drag a Document Signature Field to the blank page.

7. Click PDF Review tab. Note that an orange clickable flag DOES appear this time for the user then to be able to use for entering a digital signature.

8. For further test, click the Design View tab and now DELETE the displayed button.

9. Click PDF Review. The flag is still there.

BOTTOM LINE: It at least looks like it's not just "Distribute forms" that requires that you have a button at Blank Form creation time. Also "Digital Signature" functionality requires that you display a button at Blank Form creation time -- which you can then delete.

A bug? Or do I have some major concept wrong -- maybe I'm mis-interpreting the whole Digital Signature concept and process?
0 Replies