Expand my Community achievements bar.

List of questions

Former Community Member
1) How do I link radio buttons or check boxes in a Yes/No fashion so that if one is selected, the other un-selects?

2) How can I auto-populate a series of pull-down boxed by selecting specific items from another pull-down box. For instance, I select an item in Pulldown box A, and it assigns new default values (from their respective pull-down boxes)to Pulldown Boxes B & C.

3) How do I auto calculate values from user entered values to another blank location?

4) Forgive me if this is a super-basic question that's answered in the manual, but what is the language used to make the scripting connections? Java?

5) Can I make a "Print" button?

6) is there a way to make an entire document Password protected?

I'm using LiveCycle version 8, BTW. I'm just trying to learn it a bit at this point, seeing if I'm interested in delving headlong into this program. It seems like a pretty powerful program.
2 Replies

Level 7
That is a lot of information to ask in a User to User forum.

Have you looked at the "Scripting" reference under LiveCycle Designer's "Help" menu option?

Adobe Users' Community, http://www.acrobatusers.com/ , has a number of video tutorials about LiveCycle Designer and Acrobat Forms.

1) create a group of items.

2) you have to write code to insert each item into the next combo box.

3) you can use any number of actions and code to set another field to the value of a given field. The exact method depends upon how one wants the form to work.

4) LiveCycle Designer use FormCalc and JavaScript.

5) There is a predefined "Print' button and you can change the code as documented in LiveCycle Desinger's Scripting reference.

6) Yes.

Former Community Member
That gives me basic answers to the questions. I will check out the resources you recommend, for sure. Thanks.