Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Linked Drop Down Lists with a message box

Former Community Member
Hello all -

I'm using Adobe Designer 7.0 and I've created a form with two linked dropdown lists. The second dropdown list displays certain options depending on what was selected from the first dropdown list. I based my dropdowns on the country/states dropdowns in the Interactive Purchase Order sample found at [installdir]\EN\Samples\Purchase Order\Interactive.

But I also want to display a message box (with a helpful explanation) when the second dropdown list is clicked before making a selection from the first dropdown list. Right now, a tone sounds when that happens. I think it would be helpful to provide an explanation (in a message box) instead of just the tone.

I tried this javascript on the second dropdown click event, but it displays the message box all the time, not just when the first dropdown was unselected:

if (dropdownlist1.rawValue == " ");

{

xfa.host.messageBox("Please choose a value from dropdownlist1 first.");

}

Can anybody show me how to display the message box only when dropdownlist2 is clicked and a selection has not yet been made from dropdownlist1?
0 Replies