Sign in

Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
BedrockMission!

Learn More

Sign in to view all badges

LCDS and JMS ObjectMessage

21-07-2008

I am trying to get an object from ActiveMQ and push it to my Flex client with LCDS. I am using the JMS Adapter since the objects being put on ActivemQ are from Java. For example:<br /><br />bJava Code Putting Message on ActiveMQ<br />ActiveMQConnectionFactory fac = new ActiveMQConnectionFactory("tcp://localhost:61616");<br />Connection conn = fac.createConnection();<br />conn.start();<br /> <br />Session sess = conn.createSession(false, Session.AUTO_ACKNOWLEDGE);<br />Destination dest = sess.createTopic("messageTopic");<br /> <br />MessageProducer producer = sess.createProducer(dest);<br />com.foo.Person person = new com.foo.Person("John Doe");<br />ObjectMessage msg = sess.createObjectMessage(person);<br />producer.send(msg);<br /><br />I have defined the object type in my "messaging-config.xml" as "javax.jms.ObjectMessage". However, when the Flex client gets the message the "body" is null.<br /><br />bFlex Client Receiving Message from LCDS<br /><mx:Consumer id="jmsConsumer" <br /> destination="feed"<br /> message="jms_MessageHandler(event)" <br /> fault="jms_FaultHandler(event)"<br />/><br /><br />private function jms_MessageHandler(event : MessageEvent) : void {<br /> Alert.show("BODY: " + event.body);<br />}<br /><br />Any ideas why I can't get the object in Flex??

Replies

05-02-2009

I am developing an application and I am in a position where I can push messages to one or many AIR applications and the selection of AIR application will be decided by LCDS server. Here I am making use of JMS along with JMS adapter. I need a way to receive an acknowledgement to LCDS server when the message is delivered.

I have found few application where JMS subscriber is sending acknowledgement to JMS producer, but I need a way where JMS producer is getting acknowledgement from each Flex client.

Level 1
Charles_Bihis
Level 1

0 likes

Total Posts

1 post

Correct Reply

0 solutions
View profile

Level 1
Charles_Bihis
Level 1

0 likes

Total Posts

1 post

Correct Reply

0 solutions
View profile
Charles_Bihis
Level 1

05-03-2009

Has there been any solution to this? I'm experiencing the exact same problem.

Charles