Expand my Community achievements bar.

LC8.0 - When required fields aren't

Former Community Member
This actually consists of a couple of issues.

We've been getting a number of partially filled out forms lately from customers and have to then email or call them and tell them to go back and redo their requests.

Issue 1: This shouldn't be happening, because the top section of our form consists entirely of required fields. Yet, they can tab right out of these fields without displaying any sort of error message. Only if a user types information into the field, then goes back and erases it and tabs out will it display our custom warning message that a field is required. Is there any way to absolutely lock them into a field or section until they have filled it out completely? This is causing a bit of frustration with my boss because going to pdf fill-in forms was supposed to eliminate our problem with users not checking such vitally important boxes as, "I have fully read and understand all of the operational guidelines for the type of operation I have requested and assume any responsibility for damage to equipment or property."

Issue 2: If they get down to the email portion of the form and click on it, it *will* inform them that they have missed a required field and then highlight the form. This sounds like the problem is solved, right?

Unfortunately a number of our customers print the form out and fax it, rather than emailing it to us. The print option as far as I can see, doesn't check to make sure all required information is filled out before printing the document.

I sort of figured having a *required* field would be just that.
0 Replies