Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

Just opening a PDF in Workspace

kc
Level 8
Level 8
Hi all,

I have a process in which I submit (copy) an entire PDF file with digital signature to a watched folder and this kicks of the process.

Now as the first step I would like to present the PDF for the user in a task assignment. The PDF opens fine but nothing happens when I click the buttons Accept/Reject buttons in WS. How can I fix this problem

Sincerely

Kim
13 Replies
pguerett
Level 10
Level 10
Have you added the process fields object as well as the formbridge object to the form design?
kc
Level 8
Level 8
Yes I have done both.

It seems weird, because if I use list-mode and just single click on a line - I can click on the Accept/Reject button and everything works fine, however if I double click on the line and the form opens, the buttons does not react when I click them.

Sincerely

Kim
pguerett
Level 10
Level 10
Are you using a document form variable or an xfaForm var?
kc
Level 8
Level 8
I am using a document variable (the reason why I do this is to show the user that a form has been digitally signed), so I can not re-render it with the data from the incoming PDF.

Sincerely

Kim
Jasmin_Charbonn
Level 10
Level 10
Set the submit button URL (on the XDP) to submit to http://
:/workspace-server/submit.

Jasmin
kc
Level 8
Level 8
Hi Jasmin,

I am not sure what I should do?

I get a pdf as input for my process - and I want just to show this pdf for the user without him doing anything on the signatures.

Should I change the submit on this PDF or should I do something else?

Sincerely

Kim
Jasmin_Charbonn
Level 10
Level 10
Change the submit on the PDF using Form Designer. The submit button still need to know where to submit to.

Jasmin
kc
Level 8
Level 8
I will try to do that - however the PDF is already going to be submitted somewhere else...Do you mean the submit button that is added by the Process fields or just a regular submit button?

Sincerely

Kim
Jasmin_Charbonn
Level 10
Level 10
What do yo mean with "the PDF is already going to be submitted somewhere else".

In order to submit a form from Workspace, you need a submit button. That submit button need to submit back to LC. If the form is rendered from an XDP using a render service, it'll put the URL to LC automatically. If you create the PDF manually, you need to tell it where to submit back. This applies whether you use a single submit button or the button from the Process Fields.

Jasmin
kc
Level 8
Level 8
Hi again, and sorry for the bad explanation.

I meant that the form is submitted (normal submit button) to one server that copies the form to a watched folder. This kicks off a process and the first step should just open the form and not change it.

I will try your suggestion with setting the url to:

http://
:/workspace-server/submit

Is "workspace-server" correct or should I substitute it with something?

\Kim
Jasmin_Charbonn
Level 10
Level 10
Just change the
and .

workspace-server is correct.

Jasmin
Not applicable
Kim,

why are you using a watched folder to kick off the process after the form is submitted? It seems to me that using subprocesses or events is less complicated.

subprocesses: http://livedocs.adobe.com/livecycle/8.2/wb_help/000153.html

events: http://livedocs.adobe.com/livecycle/8.2/wb_help/000926.html

scott
kc
Level 8
Level 8
Ok, I will try to explain the scenario.

Our solution has a form that will be submitted to a server, which has a custom .NET module that processes the form and sends a confirmation of receiving the form to the user. All of this is non-process management. However the processfields

After this the .NET module kicks of a process that will handle the form. The first step in this process is to show it to the user.

The idea Jasmin gave me worked fine - I can now use the Approve/Rejct buttons in Workspace when the form is open.

Thanks alot by the way

Sincerely

Kim