Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Javascript Border Extent

Former Community Member
Using LiveCycle Designer 8.05. I have 2 different forms that I am adding JS logic to. In both I have code that simply colors and makes visible the border of a particular field (Text fields, Drop-Down lists, and Radio buttons). The code is simply:<br /><br /><field>.border.edge.color.value="0,0,255";<br /><field>.border.edge.presence = "visible";<br /><br />Everything works fine, except that on one form the border surrounds only the field's data entry area while in the other form the border surrounds both the field's data entry area AND it's caption (label). I actually want the latter.<br /><br />I've tried cut-n-paste of fields from one form to the other, and the field always takes on the character of the form it is placed in.<br /><br />I'm new to this technology, so apologies in advance if I am missing something obvious.
4 Replies

Former Community Member
Have a look at the appearance of the field in the Object/Field palette. See if the two fields have the same appearance.

Former Community Member
Paul - Thanks so much for your response. Unfortunately the "Object | Field" tab looks exactly the same for both forms - the "Appearence" value is set to "Underlined". I even took a look at the XML and that looks identical as well - except of course for position, and size.

Let me know if you have any other ideas.

Former Community Member
Can you send the forms to livecycle8@gmail.com and I will have a look.