Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

Java plugin in the LC ES2 Enablement image

Level 2

Hello,

while testing a demo involving a Java applet (since Flex doesn't do signatures with PKCS#11 tokens) I've found out that, for no apparent reason, the Java version integrated with browsers by default in the ES2 Enablement image is 1.5.0_16. This caused the applet to crash in either Firefox or IE, while installing the current 1.6 release everthing works fine. The applet actually works fine on non-64-bit Windows versions, so there's probably some problem with the old 1.5 versions, Windows Server 2008 64-bit and browsers.

I would suggest you to install the current Java SE version for the browsers in the image to avoid similar problems (BTW, by default IE is the 32-bit version even in Windows 2008 64-bit, so if you want to install the Java plugin also for IE 64 you have to install also the 64-bit release of Java).

Best regards,

Giovanni

0 Replies