Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Is anyone has already had the following error using PDF Generator?

Former Community Member
Hello,

I try to convert some documents (.doc, .ppt, ...) into .pdf using the PDF Generator.

And sometimes, I hava the following error in a .log file (in the out directory):

Failed to process job DDLaunchObject-2006-08-08 13-22-40.102.doc

Error Code: 1,011

Reason: The BMC reported failure in converting the document.

Is anyone has already had that error? What do I have to do?

Please, could you help me?

Thanks a lot!
4 Replies

Former Community Member
Doing some statistical work, may I ask 8 months later:

Have this problem been resolved? How?

thanks

George

Former Community Member
No I don't think that this problem is aready solved, because I've installed Adobe PDF Generator Elements 7.2 today, but when I'm using the WebService - Client delivered by Adobe I get this Error if I'm converting doc- and rtf - Files which have Pictures included, if there are no Images in the Documents the conversion is ok?

Did anyone know how to solve this problem?

thanks

Michael

Former Community Member
Hi all,

I've just received this message too - using Adobe Livecycle PDF Generator Professional 7.0

I tried to create a PDF from a TIFF file and got the message. However, it seems to only have a problem with some kinds of TIFFs, as it can create PDFs from other TIFF files I've got.

Can someone shed some light on why some TIFFs work and some don't? Do I need to install extra software to add support for these other TIFFs?

Thanks,

Simon

Former Community Member
I have seen this error when trying to convert a certain Word document. The Word document itself when i opened it in Word resulted in a warning message that it needed to install a language pack, once i installed this language pack, the conversion in PDFG worked.

PDFG uses the native process in the background to convert the files. That means for Word docs it actually uses msword.exe to read the document. If opening the document in Word results in any kind of error or user dialog, then this could be what causes the PDFG server to fail, as the server cannot respond to the error/dialog that occurs.

hope that helps.

David.