Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

invoke assembler as a window service

Former Community Member
Hi,

(in addition to http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx/.3bc0ff0f/14)

i face the following error message in the assembler log file while runnign my application on the same server (not remotly) .

if i run my application from a batch file every thing works, but in case i run it from a window service (which activates the SAME batch file) i get the following exception:

General Exception -- java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\AdobeDocumentStorage\global\removeOn2007Y08M01D08h26m13s.1185956773000\7947676097999737161 (The system cannot find the path specified)

is it related to the share problem? which directory should be shared? is it "C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\AdobeDocumentStorage"

additional info: Assembler is installed of F directory which .NET framework (which installed the service) is installed on C directory.

thanks,

Hagai
4 Replies

Former Community Member
Can you confirm by using the batch file that the "removeOn*" directories are being created under C:\windows\temp\AdobeDocumentStorage

I'd suggest explicitly specifying the temp directory on the command line in your batch file. I know it doesn't sound like it should be necessary, but the theory would be that the "C:\windows\temp" portion of the path is defaulting from an environment variable, and the environment is different when you start the batch file from a command shell vs. as a service. So try adding

-Dcom.adobe.idp.globalDocumentStorageRootDir=C:\windows\temp\AdobeDocumentStorage to the command line. Make sure it runs from the shell, and then retry it as the service.

Don

Former Community Member
Hi,

before implementing your suggestion, and while running the application via a batch file (not from the service) the "removeon" directories are created under "C:\Documents and Settings\ageller\Local Settings\Temp\1\AdobeDocumentStorage\global" directory, and as i mentioned every thing is working.

after adding -Dcom.adobe.idp.globalDocumentStorageRootDir=C:\windows\temp\AdobeDocumentStorage to the command line and ruuning the batch file (not from the service) i got the same exception:

General Exception -- java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\windows\temp\AdobeDocumentStorage\removeOn2007Y08M02D08h50m37s.1186044637000\6874881551493708695 (The system cannot find the path specified).

by batch file looks like this:

"F:\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer\java\bin\java.exe" -classpath "F:/Adobe/LiveCycle/components/assembler/websphere/ejb/assembler7EJBclient.jar";"F:/Adobe/LiveCycle/components/csa/common/lib/adobe/adobe-common.jar";"F:/Adobe/LiveCycle/components/csa/websphere/lib/adobe/AdobeCSAUtils.jar";"F:/Adobe/LiveCycle/components/csa/common/lib/adobe/datamanager-client.jar";"F:/Adobe/LiveCycle/components/assembler/websphere/lib/adobe/um-client.jar";"F:/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/lib/j2ee.jar";"F:/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/lib/naming.jar";"F:/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/lib/namingclient.jar";"F:/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/lib/txClientPrivate.jar";"F:/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/lib/bootstrap.jar";"F:/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/lib/marshall.jar";"F:/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/lib/lmproxy.jar";"F:/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/lib/com.ibm.mq.pcf.jar";"F:/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/lib/messagingClient.jar";"F:/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/lib/utils.jar";"F:/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/lib/idl.jar";"F:/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/lib/ecutils.jar";"F:/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/lib/iwsorb.jar";"F:/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/lib/ffdc.jar";"F:/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/lib/wsexception.jar";"F:/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/lib/ras.jar";"F:/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/lib/sas.jar";"F:/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/lib/wssec.jar";"F:/Adobe/LiveCycle/_jvm/lib/rt.jar";"F:/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/properties/implfactory.jar";"F:/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/optionalLibraries/DocumentServicesLibrary.jar"; -Dcom.adobe.idp.globalDocumentStorageRootDir=C:\windows\temp\AdobeDocumentStorage "F:\Adobe\SmarTeam\PdfAssembler\PdfAsembler1\HelloWorld.class"

thanks,

Hagai

Former Community Member
Ah, there's a hint. In the first message posted to this forum 1:43AM Aug 1 the exception for the temp dir path had the following as the path:

C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\AdobeDocumentStorage

This most recent message 1:57 AM Aug 2 says the documents are being created by the server under:

C:\Documents and Settings\ageller\Local Settings\Temp\1\AdobeDocumentStorage

We need to get both paths to match - basically we're trying to get the client and server to agree on where the shared directory is. Try putting the "Documents and Settings" path into the -D command line option in your batch file and see what happens.

Alternatively try making a specific shared directory, something like C:\AdobeDocumentStorage and using that on both the -D option of the client and in the adminui of the server Home > Settings > Core System > Core Configuration in the "Global document storage root directory" field. If you use this approach, be sure to shut down the app server and manually copy anything that is in that directory from the old location to the new location before starting it up again.

Don