Expand my Community achievements bar.

Install - error with error code = 1639

Former Community Member
Hello

I have been trying to install the workbench component of the Adobe LC V 8 and during the installation process am getting the following error:

(Jul 11, 2008 12:13:59 PM), Install, com.adobe.installshieldx.installer.wizard.DesignerProductAction, err, An error occurred and product installation failed. Look at the log file C:\Program Files\Adobe\LiveCycle ES\Workbench ES\log.txt for details.

(Jul 11, 2008 12:14:00 PM), Install, com.adobe.installshieldx.installer.wizard.DesignerProductAction, err, ProductException: (error code = 200; message="Java error"; exception = [ProductException: (error code = 1639; message="Designer installation failure.")])

STACK_TRACE: 12

ProductException: (error code = 200; message="Java error"; exception = [ProductException: (error code = 1639; message="Designer installation failure.")])

at com.adobe.installshieldx.installer.wizard.DesignerProductAction.install(DesignerProductAction.java:169)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl.installProductAction(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$InstallProduct.getResultForProductAction(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.InstallableObjectVisitor.visitComponent(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.InstallableObjectVisitor.visitInstallableComponents(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.InstallableObjectVisitor.visitProductBeans(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$InstallProduct.install(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$Installer.execute(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.wizard.service.AsynchronousOperation.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I have download the trial version of the Adobe LC V 8 softwarte - proceed to unzip the package and executed the LiveCycle_Workbench_8.0_Setup.exe that was available under it.

I have a pre-installed JDK 1.5 on my PC and do not have any other database or application/web server installed.

Please help me solve through this install problem. Appreciate your help and inputs.

Thanks

Vidya
2 Replies

Former Community Member
According to the log file Adobe Designer ES (wich is included in the Work Bench installer) is failing to install. How much available space do you have on the installation machine? Are you redirecting the install to a different drive? Did you execute the setup.exe by double clicking on the exe or through command line?

Former Community Member
Thanks for the response.

I have 25GB free space on the drive and installation is on the default path, I am not redirecting it. I executed the setup.exe by double clicking on it.

Thanks

Vidya