Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Install & Config LiveCycle ES with WebLogic, Problem with Database Initialization

Former Community Member
I am using the configuration manager to install and config LiveCycle ES trial version. At LiveCycle Database Initialization step, when I click the "Initialize" I got this error msg:

ALC-TTN-104-002: Could not connect to bootstrap servlet, the requested URL was not found on the server. Is Adobe LiveCycle deployed?

But the 3 ear files were just deployed in the previous step and they are all showing under Weblogic admin console under Deployments.

I am stuck here. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
7 Replies

Former Community Member
Did you find the solution of the problem? I have faced with same problem in database initialization step.

Thanks

Former Community Member
Pay attention to the port number. It should be managed port number, not the admin port number. My problem is solved.

Level 1

I'm also facing the same problem. When I'm on database initialization it gives me an error message.

I installed LiveCycle ES on the same VM which is running documentum, Apache tomcat, webtop, DA, SQL Server database 2005, Jboss Application Server.

Below is the error I'm getting:

Bootstrapping Error: ALC-TTN-104-002

ALC-TTN-104-002: Could not connect to bootstrap servlet; the requested URL was not found on the server. Is Adobe LiveCycle deployed?

I'm using default Jboss port number which is 8080.

Former Community Member
I have looked at the specified port if it is used or not. Port seems free. What do you mean by managed/admin port number? I have tried other port numbers but could not succeed.

Thanks.

Level 1

Hiii,

I also got the same problem. I am tryint to install on Websphere and Oracle. I am new to this AdobeLiveCycle animal.

Can any help me to get out of the hurdle.

The same Error:

ALC-TTN-104-002: Could not connect to bootstrap servlet, the requested URL was not found on the server. Is Adobe LiveCycle deployed?

How to know if the Adobe LiveCycle is deployed or not.. Plz let me know..

Thanks a zillion in advance..

Regards

Adi

Level 4

This blog entry might help:

http://blogs.adobe.com/livecycle/2009/01/initializing_livecycle_databas.html

The bootstrap servlet is part of the LiveCycle EAR file.

If it says that it "Could not connect to bootstrap servlet", the following might be at work:

- The EAR file is deployed but not "Active", just "Prepared".  Check the application's status in the WebLogic Admin Console.

- You are using the wrong port.  You should use the port on which the managed server hosting LiveCycle listens on.  It can be any port, but usually people end up choosing 7002 or 8001.

- A firewall is blocking LCM from hitting that port

Level 1

Start the 'JBoss for Adobe LiveCycle for ES2' service (Not the ES3/ES4 service) and then click Initialize. This has solved the issue for me.