Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Importing data from multiple sources

Former Community Member
When we sign on a new client, we have them complete extensive forms. Using those forms, we then turn around and fill out a slew of external forms. The problem is that we need to use a combination of the new client forms to fill out any one external form. This is where I am running into problems.

I have adapted the form fields on the external form to coordinate with our client form fields, and I am able to import data from a single source (for example, New Client form A); however, when I attempt to import additional information from a second source (for example New Client form B), it wipes out the fields previously populated. All of the field names on form A and form B are different, so there is no overlapping.

Everything I've read says that existing fields should not be overwritten unless the field names match. According to LiveCycle Designer's help, it should leave any fields that do not match untouched (i.e. the fields that were populated from form A).

Thanks in advance for any advice.
0 Replies