Expand my Community achievements bar.

I know I'm going to get yelled at but...

Former Community Member
I've spent the past hour searching the help files and can't find an answer. But, my answer is so basic that it has to be covered somewhere but I really can't find it.

That said, I imported a word form into adobe (which of course opened up Designer) (I have version 7 Professional).

I see the whole form opened in designer -- but, I can't for the life of me figure out how to actually make it a form. When I publish/render it I do get the icon that says its an interactive form; but, none of the fields are interactive.

I keep trying to adjust the properties of the form and htat does nothing but leave unwanted text in the for boxes.

This is frustrating me because this must be very very simple.
4 Replies

Former Community Member
Can you click into the fields? I imported a Word form and while I could click and type, they were grayed-out. I had to open the Border palette and change the Background Fill Style from 'Solid' to 'None'.

Former Community Member
That's just it. I can't click in the fields at all. I see them there -- they are labeled appropriately. But, when I go to PDF view (or export as static PDF) I can't type anything into the fields.

It says its an interactive form -- and I see the print option at the top. I just can't input anything into any of the fields.

Former Community Member
Have you tried to save it as anything else than a static PDF? I know that there are other issues like that if you doesn't save it as a dynamic form of some kind.

Former Community Member
Ah, I get it -- I've had that problem too. It's a bug.

Save the PDF then open Acrobat and open it directly. *Do not use the PDF Preview tab.* For some reason Designer stops recognizing fields. Happens on a few of my forms.