Sign in

Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

How to submit a form as a PDF

Not applicable
I have created a form using Live Cycle Designer 8 from an existing Word document. I have added a "Submit by Email" button. Unfortunately, the button only submits the data in XML format. I would like submit the entire form as a PDF that can be read in Acrobat Reader.
1 Reply
Not applicable
You can go edit the XML Source and replace the <br /><submit format="xml" ... with <submit format="pdf"<br /><br />OR (thank you to OP for following)<br /><br />Open as a Livecycle form <br />Drag a button from the pallet onto your form <br />Change the control type to submit <br />On the submit tab [Submit to URL:] enter "mailto:xx@xx.xxx" <br />Change the submit as filed to PDF <br />Save <br /><br />BUT when user will be working with the Acrobat free reader, it won't work... you will have to do:<br /><br />Open the form in Acrobat Pro <br />Select advanced menu <br />Click enable usage right in Adobe Reader <br />Save <br /><br />I'm search the forum to find the fix to that, whitout having to extended the user's right....