Expand my Community achievements bar.

How to submit a form as a PDF

Former Community Member
I have created a form using Live Cycle Designer 8 from an existing Word document. I have added a "Submit by Email" button. Unfortunately, the button only submits the data in XML format. I would like submit the entire form as a PDF that can be read in Acrobat Reader.
1 Reply

Former Community Member
You can go edit the XML Source and replace the <br /><submit format="xml" ... with <submit format="pdf"<br /><br />OR (thank you to OP for following)<br /><br />Open as a Livecycle form <br />Drag a button from the pallet onto your form <br />Change the control type to submit <br />On the submit tab [Submit to URL:] enter "mailto:xx@xx.xxx" <br />Change the submit as filed to PDF <br />Save <br /><br />BUT when user will be working with the Acrobat free reader, it won't work... you will have to do:<br /><br />Open the form in Acrobat Pro <br />Select advanced menu <br />Click enable usage right in Adobe Reader <br />Save <br /><br />I'm search the forum to find the fix to that, whitout having to extended the user's right....