Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

How to reader extend the form rendered in Workspace

Level 8
Level 8
Hi all,

I am creating a process where the user needs to save the form (with data) after the form has been filled. I am using xdp-files, so I guess I need to reader extend the rendered pdf before showing it to the user, however I am not sure how I can achieve this. Can you help me here?

Sincerely

Kim Christensen
7 Replies

Level 8
Level 8
Hi again,

I fixed it myself - it is just adding the apply usage rights after the render pdf in "Samples - Render PDF form" service. This will do the trick :)

Sincerely

Kim Christensen

Former Community Member
Hi, which version of ES are you using?

I had some problems even after adding the UsageRights, but I am using the old GM version.

thanks

James

Level 8
Level 8
Hi James,

I am using the LCES SP2 version - I am not sure what you mean by "the old GM version", what version is that?

Sincerely

Kim Christensen

Former Community Member
GM verion means "Gold Master"(?) -- the initial official release version before all the patches (SP1, SP2).

When I tested the form in WorkSpace (after applying the UsageRights) with the Reader (only the Reader, not Acrobat), it did not show the commenting icon and some other things that you'll get when the form's Reader-Extended. It also popped up a warning/error message.

Do you have those problems?

Level 8
Level 8
OK - thanks for the explanation.

No I don't have these problems - the PDF shows up fine.

Do you remember to change the render-settings to the "samples - render pdf form" under advanced settings in your xfaform variable?

Sincerely

Kim Christensen

Former Community Member
Hi,

my Render service is modeled after the "Samples - Forms - Render PDF Form" service. The Sample render has 3 steps, I appended the UsageRights action to it, so my Render has 4 steps. I assume it's the same as what you are using, based on the descriptions in your previous postings.

I believe I have tested it against ES-SP2 too. If I remember correctly, under SP2 it did not pop up a message, however, the Commenting icon did not show up on the Reader's toolBar. It behaved differently under Reader, as compared to running it with Acrobat... it looked as if the form was not Reader-Extended.

I am puzzled why it worked for you. Do you think if you could email me your LCAs? jdee66888@gmail.com

thanks

James

Level 8
Level 8
Certainly - I will mail you the LCA of the Samples - Render PDF Form, just look in your inbox :)

Sincerely

Kim Christensen