Expand my Community achievements bar.

How to make form fields "Clickable"

Former Community Member
Hey Guys,

I created a Fillable PDF Form with Form fields using ADOBE Acrobat 9.0 Pro-Ex + LiveCycle Designer for Windows XP.

My question is when you create a form, is there a way to make form fields "clickable" instead of just auto-tab? Because if you mess up when filling out the form, you don't want to have to tab through the whole document just to get back to that spot. How can i fix that?

My other question is, when printing the form, the form field "text boxes" always show up. Is there a way to hide the boxes and just print the form without them. (The information that was filled in will still show, just the outline of the boxes won't?)

Thanks a bunch,

Joseph
2 Replies

Former Community Member
Unfortunately I don't know enough about Designer to tell you what you did to make the boxes unclickable, but for me I've never had an issue doing that.

However, I can tell you what you need to do to get rid of the boxes around each of your text fields.

1. In design mode, select the field(s) you wish to get rid of the borders on. (If all you have are text fields, you can press Ctrl+A to select all fields. If not, you can hold down the Ctrl button while left-clicking each field to change all text fields at once.)

2. Open the Object window (Shift+F7 toggles this on and off). Find the option for Appearance.

3. Click the drop down menu next to Appearance and choose none.

4. The borders will now be gone from the text fields.

Former Community Member
I am not sure what you mean by clickable .....if you want to reposition the cursor in any field you simply click on it....am I missing something?