Expand my Community achievements bar.

How to make a single PDF file with pages for each Invoice (XML/XPD)

Former Community Member
I appologize, this is my first time doing this so try not to assume too much when responding.

I have designed an invoice form in LiveCycle Designer and have it properly connected to an XPD feed that is dynamically created with PHP. When the user opens the URL, the invoice they selected shows up perfectly in the PDF. Yeah!!!

Now the problem, they want to have multiple invoices show up in the PDF as their own "pages" in a single PDF document. Page 1 = Invoice 1001, Page 2 = Invoice 1002...etc.

The XML scheme is something like the following. A single header with a variable number of detail lines.

----------------------------------------

form1

header

invoice_id

invoice_date

etc...

/header

details

detail

item_descr

item_qty

item_price

detail

detail

item_descr

item_qty

item_price

detail

detail

item_descr

item_qty

item_price

detail

/details

/form1

--------------------------

Now I figure this is a simple matter of replicating the invoice XML in the XPD that is generated, but no matter which way I do it, I only get a single page.

Is there something I need to do in the form in LiveCycle that tells it to produce multiple pages if I give it multiple "records"?

Does that make sense?

BTW...I'm not using a FormServer or anything else. Just simple XPD dynamically created with PHP that points to a PDF created with LiveCycle.

Any help would be very much appreciated. Again...assume I'm a newbie...
1 Reply

Former Community Member
Hi All,

What I thought to develop is to write a JDBC connection in the Stan-alone PDF template and access database.

example: PDF is designed in such a way that it should have "USERNAME" , "PASSWORD" , "LOGIN BUTTON" , so that PDF stand-alone template on every desktop should access the database on entering the correct credentials.

is it possible..?

if possible , please provite the solution..?