Expand my Community achievements bar.

how to hide and show sections?

Former Community Member

Hello,

I am new to adobe livecycle.  I am trying to create a form.  This form has checkbox a, b, and c.  If user checks a, section A will load, if user checks b, section B will load, and so on.  Right now, as user unchecks a, section A disappaears but the space reserved for it is still there.  Can I make a form that is flexible in floating?  Which means if I hide section A but show section B, section B will float up to occupy section A.  If I show section A, section B will float down so that section A can be visible? 

Thank you very much for your help.

Aenig

5 Replies

Level 7

You need to set your pages/content areas to Flowed rather than Positioned, and make your Pagination After: Continue Filling Parent. That way when you hide or show sections they will take up the next available space.

Former Community Member

Thank you.  Can I have mixed sections?  I have 1/2 of my page is position, then the rest is in flow.  As I do that, I can't set Pagination After.

Could you please help?

Level 7

You put the flowed parts into a subform which is set to flowed and then to follow after the positioned bit.

Former Community Member

Can I email you my form?  I can't seem to get it working the way you describe.

Former Community Member

I found the answer.  The parent form must be set to flow.  Then, I can set subform to either flow or positioned before setting Pagination After.