Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

How to get the content of a given space?

Level 3
Hi Everybody,

I'm wondering how to retrieve the content of a particular space. There is no activity/operation for that purpose.

I analyzed the ContentService in Detail and found out, that there is a non-orchestrateable getSpaceContents() method. I've modified the component.xml to make this method public and installed the new component. Unfortunately the method always returns an empty list.

So how what can I do, to get a list files inside a given space.

kind regards

Michael
1 Reply

Former Community Member
a)Create a new LC orchestration

b)Use getAssociated operation with space path as the path of space, and association type as contains (use full name - "{http://www.alfresco.org/model/content/1.0}contains" )

c)Store the output in a list variable - it will contain the list of content elements' ID strings

d)Iterate through the list elements and use retrieveContent API to get the documents from node IDs

Future release will expose a new method for this purpose. Please don't use existing getSpaceContents method as it is for internal use only.