Level 2

Tip /
Sign in

Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

How to change WSDL/SOAP url's when moving between environments?

Pinecone28
Level 2
Level 2
I've got a few forms that use web services, so I have wsdl and soap url's defined in my forms and in the web service processes. How can these be updated when moving the forms to a new enviroment? (sandbox, development, qa, prod) And is there a better method to use than coding the actual url? is there a way to code a reference to a parameter?
3 Replies
pguerett
Level 10
Level 10
You can add scripts to the forms that will programmatically change the URIs. I have comment on this topic in the Designer forum. Have a look there and see if you can find the previous post.
rveldpau
Level 3
Level 3
I also think that the best way to handle this is through scripts. On the first form we developed we used the hard-coded urls and found this to be a pain. On our second form we've started to not use the Data Connections at all and strictly use JavaScript to accomplish all of our connections.

But if you have a form that is currently using hard-coded urls. I found an easy way to change them was to go into the XML Source View and do a Find/Replace on the url.
yodadobe
Level 6
Level 6
I put mine in a database. The DataSource in every environment is the same name so that can be hard coded. All environment specific values can then be read from a table unique to the corresponding environment.