Level 2

Tip /
Sign in

Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
BedrockMission!

Learn More

Sign in to view all badges

How can I allow a customer to enter an amount in a box and subtract it from a total

Level 1
marcanthonyphot
Level 1

0 likes

Total Posts

2 posts

Correct Reply

0 solutions
View profile

Level 1
marcanthonyphot
Level 1

0 likes

Total Posts

2 posts

Correct Reply

0 solutions
View profile
marcanthonyphot
Level 1

20-02-2009

I'm new to lifecycle so I need some help. I figured out how to create the form I wanted but there is one thing I am stuck on and I know someone knows how to do this. It's probably so easy but I am stuck. If you go to the form I created you will see three drop down menus. If you just make a selection you will see the total show up in the "total package cost" box. I want to be able to manually enter a "discount" and then have that subtracted from the total. The script for the "Total Package Cost" is this.rawValue = NumericField1.rawValue+NumericField2.rawValue+NumericField3.rawValue. The "Discount" box is NumericField5. What should I do allow me to enter a number in the discount field and have it automatically subtract from the total field? I hope that's no too confusing. The file in question is at http://www.premierweddings.tv/contractform2010.pdf

Replies

Validate 1
Level 9
Steve_L_Walker
Level 9

197 likes

Total Posts

1,435 posts

Correct Reply

212 solutions
Top badges earned
Validate 1
Boost 50
Boost 5
Boost 3
Boost 25
View profile

Validate 1
Level 9
Steve_L_Walker
Level 9

197 likes

Total Posts

1,435 posts

Correct Reply

212 solutions
Top badges earned
Validate 1
Boost 50
Boost 5
Boost 3
Boost 25
View profile
Steve_L_Walker
Level 9

20-02-2009

Marc,

Modify the Total Package Cost script to subtract the discount.

this.rawValue = NumericField1.rawValue + NumericField2.rawValue + NumericField3.rawValue - NumericField5.rawValue;

Steve