Expand my Community achievements bar.

help needed on user management

Former Community Member
Hi,

I have a business requirement where I need to display some fields in my form to a particular user and those fields should not be visible to any other user who logs-in.

ex:

I have a radio button called "Accept" and this should be visible only to a user called "Kel Varsen" and the same field should not be visible to any other user who logs-in.

can someone help me how to reslove this..?

regards,

sudheer.
5 Replies

Level 10
If you know which step Kel Varsen is going to be involved with, then you can set a flag in the data,using a SetValue, before the User step to update the data being merged with the form template and have some script on your form that checks for that flag.

If you don't know which step Kel Varsen is going to be involved with

then you would have to change the data flag in the render service associated with the xfaForm variable. When you create/use the render service associated with the form, you can add an extra input parameter and pass the user name. Then in the render service, you can set that flag in the data (or not) and have the form react to that flag.

Jasmin

Former Community Member
Thanks Jasmine, but I still can't able to find data flag in the render service associated with the xfaForm variable.Kindly help me how to reach "data flag" and where can I find this "render service"..?

regards,

sudheer.

Level 10
When I say data flag, I just mean a field (probably hidden) you can set from a setValue.

Then when your forms loads, it looks for the value of that hidden field. If it's set then it can show a certain section of the form. If it's not set, then don't show the section. You'll need to build that logic though.

The render service is a service that is responsible to render your XDP into a PDF. It's set on that xfaForm variable under Advanced Settings.

Jasmin

Former Community Member
thanx for your suggestion Jasmine..!

but I can't able to achieve this.

Let me tell you how I implemeted it and suggest me where I failed.

As u suggested I taken a setValue and under mapping I pointed it to a hidden field in my form.

how to proceed with my logic here..?

do i need to use any scripting here..?

kindly suggest me.

regards,

sudheer.

Level 10
Yes, you need scripting on you form (XDP) that will look at the value of the hidden field an run the logic you want based on the value of the hidden field.

You need to use Adobe Form Designer to add scripting to your form.

Jasmin