Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Handle Complex objects on WSDL!

Former Community Member
Hi

I am new to Adobe LiveCycle and trying the trail version. I did have a web service which has a web method that accepts a Person with order collection object as well as it out puts the same.
Here is my person object:

Name,Age,Order[]

Order has ID,Item

When i try to make a data connection and drag and drop fields on to the form, For Order[] It is not holding all the collection values. It is just sending the last collection element values in the order[0]. Always on webservice I am getting ORder[0] element only.

Am I missing something on PDF Forms to set? Can Any one guide me,please?

thanks

Here is my WSDL Types:

-
-

-
-
-

-
-
-

-
-
-
-

-
-
-

-
-
-

-
-
-

6 Replies

Former Community Member
PDF Forms only support simple types through a web service interface.

Level 2
So where does that leave us?

Are you saying that there's no way to access a web service with complex input and output messages? Not even with custom written Javascript?

Former Community Member
There is no way to create the complex object on the client side. You cannot do a:

var test = new complexObjectType

so I do not see how you can define this new obejct on the client.

Level 2
Is it possible to do this with the help of an arrray?

I'm trying to access a web service with document/literal encoding. The problem is that both input and output messages are of complex type.

I also tried using SOAP.connect instead of SOAP.request. I managed to pass a string to my web service and successfully receive the response. So I guess I'll have to go with that.

Former Community Member
Strings and simple types are all that you can use.

Former Community Member
Thanks for your reply.

Well,Here is the way I got the Complex Type "Person" using PDF (ADOBE LIVECYCLE DESIGNER 8.2),which i mentioned above.

I did drag and drop Name,Age.

And for Order Complex Type - > What I did is I create a sub form and drag ID & Item column into that subform. And bind Subform using object window ->Binding ->"Import/Export Binding (Execute)" to Order object which is in Request. And copy this the number of times that i need on the form.

When I clicked on Execute button the Web Service is getting the appropriate Order collection.

As I said,I am newbie to PDF forms. I have no idea how to bind this using code/script. I will let you guys figure out this.

Hopefully this helps.