Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

Got a ALC-DSC-127-000

Former Community Member
Hi there,

I want to invoke a process from a submit-button in a rendered PDF-File.

I build an xdp with a submit-button that has the control type submit and entered in Submit to URL the URL of a servlet I wrote. In Submit As: I set XML Data(XML).

I rendered the PDF by calling the renderPDFForm method of the WS FormsService and get an PDF that can be opened in with acroread.

By pushing the button I get a request in my servlet with the XML in the Input-Stream.

Now I want to invoke the simple process called UniDortmund I designed in the Workbensh Process Designer. For that with jaxws I consumed the wsdl located at http://localhost:8080/soap/services/UniDortmund?WSDL .

Now I implemented the following code:

if(request.getHeader("content-type").startsWith("application/xml")){

System.out.println("Got an XML-Stream:");

final String result=convertStreamToString(request.getInputStream());

System.out.println(result);

final UniDortmundService tudoService=new UniDortmundService();

final UniDortmund uniDo=tudoService.getUniDortmund();

SetAuthentication((BindingProvider)uniDo);

// prepare the input arguments

XFARepositoryFormInstance antragProzess=new XFARepositoryFormInstance();

antragProzess.setData(result.getBytes());

antragProzess.setDescription("Coming from my little servlet.");

antragProzess.setName("Antrag");

System.out.println("Invoke Async");

String responseStr=uniDo.invokeAsync(antragProzess);

}

By invoking the process I got the following exception:

16:53:08,933 ERROR [[Antrag]] Servlet.service() for servlet Antrag threw exception

javax.xml.ws.soap.SOAPFaultException: ALC-DSC-127-000: com.adobe.idp.dsc.LongLivedInvocationException: The Long Lived Service UniDortmund can not be invoked synchronously.

at org.jboss.ws.core.jaxws.SOAPFaultHelperJAXWS.getSOAPFaultException(SOAPFaultHelperJAXWS.java:70)

at org.jboss.ws.core.jaxws.binding.SOAP11BindingJAXWS.throwFaultException(SOAP11BindingJAXWS.java:109)

at org.jboss.ws.core.CommonSOAPBinding.unbindResponseMessage(CommonSOAPBinding.java:567)

at org.jboss.ws.core.CommonClient.invoke(CommonClient.java:365)

at org.jboss.ws.core.jaxws.client.ClientImpl.invoke(ClientImpl.java:230)

at org.jboss.ws.core.jaxws.client.ClientProxy.invoke(ClientProxy.java:164)

at org.jboss.ws.core.jaxws.client.ClientProxy.invoke(ClientProxy.java:150)

at $Proxy81.invokeAsync(Unknown Source)

at edu.tudo.antrag.presentation.ProxyServlet.doGet(ProxyServlet.java:46)

. . .

What am I doing wrong?

Is there a simple example for invoking a webservice made with the process designer?

Is it the wrong way to invoke the process from the submitbutton when I just want to use Acrobat?

Is there a generic servlet in Lifecycle ES that does the job?

Yours

Arne
2 Replies

Level 8
According to the error message, the uniDo.invokeAsync method is actually trying to make a synchronous call to the LiveCycle process "UniDortmund".

You can change the process to be a short-lived one (using the process properties), or modify the invokeAsync method to make an asynchronous call (which will return a job id)

Former Community Member
Hi Michael,

thanks for your answer.

>The problem (as stated in the error) looks like the proxy classes that call the UniDortmund service (uniDo.invokeAsync) is actually making the call synchronously. 

>Since the service is long lived that wont work.

This is a detail of the implementation of the generated method uniDo.invokeAsync. It calls the server synchron because it needs the return-value (Process-ID) from LC.

Is there a small example or HowTo for calling this WebService?

Yours

Arne