Expand my Community achievements bar.

global var in a process and changing xdp in an activity

Level 6
Hello,

I would like to create a process that would have a global variable to that process. The global variable should contain a xdp form.

In each step/activity of my process I would like to get the xdp file from the global variable, change the xdp file (for instance: insert some objects), and then make that changes persistnet in the global variable, so that a next step would bet the changed xdp.

So my questions are:

Is it possible to have a global variable like this?

How it is defined? Any example?

Is it posible to define an activity to change a xdp template? Is it possible to associate code/script to a process or I would need to create a new type of activity and import it to workbench? Any example?

Thank you
1 Reply

Former Community Member
All the variables are essentially global to the process. Creating a new variable of type xfaForm will do what you ask. If you add an Assign Task, there is a properties section for Form Data Mappings. If you set the input and output to the xfaFrom variable, then any changes made are applied to that variable. You can modify values with a Set Value step using xpath. It is best when you create the form, that you associate a schema with it. Having a schema associated with it with allow you to expand down to any element in the form/variable in the XPath Builder.