Expand my Community achievements bar.

Generic Error on Startup

Former Community Member
I just installed Workbench ES on my personal laptop to use for developing the project I am on. The install of Acrobat Pro 8.0 (then the 8.1 update) and the install of Workbench including Designer worked fine. When I attempt to run Workbench I receive an error after a few seconds of the splash screen:

"An error has occured. See the log file C:\Progam Files\Adobe\LiveCycle ES\Workbench ES\Workbench\workspace\.metadata\.log."

Descriptive, huh. I cannot navigate the that log file because the farthest I can go is C:\Progam Files\Adobe\LiveCycle ES\Workbench ES\Workbench\. Does anyone know what is going on?
5 Replies

Former Community Member
I have also just installed Workbench and have the same error (and incorrect error file reference).

I'm running Vista.

Former Community Member
I've actually long since gave up on running Workbench on Vista. It seems it is just not supported. I did however discover something even fishier about it. When I install Workbench, I can run it once. After I have closed the program one time, the error starts. Must me some kind of registry thing or something.

...when does the next Livecycle come out?

Level 9
I run LiveCycle fine on Vista.

I think it may be a permissions issue with the Program Files directory.

Try uninstalling Workbench, and re-installing in C:\Adobe\LiveCycle

Please post your results so that others can learn if this works for you.

Howard

http://www.avoka.com

Former Community Member
Installing directly to C:\Adobe\LiveCycle seems to have solved the problem. Thanks for your help Howard!