Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Generating Client Logs

Former Community Member

Hi,

From time to time, we will ask you to generate client logs for an issue we are trying to help troubleshoot.

Here is how you can generate Flash Player Logs:

1. Uninstall Flash Player using the uninstaller listed on this page: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/141/tn_14157.html
  2. Install the Flash Player 10 Debugger listed on this page: http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html#fp10
  3. Add the mm.cfg file to this location on your machine:
    1. Windows: C:\Documents and Settings\username\mm.cfg
    2. OSX: /Library/Application Support/Macromedia/mm.cfg
  4. Try the steps generating the error/problem you are seeing..
  5. Go to this folder to get the logs:
    1. Windows: C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player\Logs\flashlog.txt
    2. OSX: /Users/username/Library/Preferences/Macromedia/Flash Player/Logs/flashlog.txt

Here is how you can generate Screensharing Add-in Logs:

1. Add the mms.cfg file to this location on your machine:
    1. Windows: C:\Documents and Settings\username\mms.cfg [Note: for Win7-64 bit, you should use this location: C:\Windows/SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\mms.cfg]
    2. OSX: /Library/Application Support/Macromedia/mms.cfg
  2. Try the steps generating the error/problem you are seeing.
  3. Go to this folder to get the logs (acaddin.txt):
    1. Windows logs will go in the user's My Documents folder.
    2. Mac log files will be written into the current user's folder: hard drive:Users:<current user>:

Here is what we have in the config files:

PlayerLogging=1

SingleLogFile=1

DisplayTimes=1

ErrorReportingEnable=1

TraceOutputFileEnable=1

If you want to have a different log file generated each time you use screensharing/flash player, you can change the value from 1 to 0 for SingleLogFile.

This might help if you want the logs to only show data for the steps that generate the error.

Feel free to contact us at lccs(at)adobe(dot)com if you need help with those steps.

Thanks,

Julien

LCCS QE

3 Replies

Level 2

Hi Julien,

Thanks for the instructions. It will be very helpful during developement.

What about the production scenario? How can we write log message related to LCCS api into our own client or server side logs? We can not ask our customers to install debug version of the software for each and every error. For my own code, I can use flex logging api but I need information for switch the logging on for LCCS libraries.

Charles

Employee

We recently (actually it was a few SDKs ago added an option to send all the trace messages coming from LCCS to a function you define.

Add this to your code:

import com.adobe.rtc.util.DebugUtil;

private function someInitFunctions():void {

DebugUtil.traceFunction = traceMessage;

}

private function traceMessage(message:String):void {

messages.text += message + "\n";

}

And the function traceMessage() will be called for every message logged by LCCS. In this case I was showing the trace in a TextArea called messages. In your case you can either call the flex logging APIs or store the messages and display them when the user presses some magic combination of keys.

Level 3

Is there any method to get this same log when running and Adobe AIR app?

I've tried DebugUtil but this has no effect.

Thanks,

David