Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

General questions about livecycle and forms

Former Community Member
Hello everybody,

My company is currently researching new technologies for an infrastructural change in our B2B and CRM IT.

We saw the possibility to use adobe forms within SAP netweaver to - for example - give a salesman the opportunity to download customer data into a pdf file before he visits customers and then edit his pdf files offline when he is with the customers. The data would then automatically be transmitted from the pdf files to the database when he is online again.

Now we wondered if it's also possible to use this technology outside of the SAP environment and we found out about adobe livecycle.

Now my questions:

1) Are forms (like described above) an integrated part of livecycle?

2) Do you have to buy the whole livecycle package or is there also a possibility to just get the forms functionality?

3) Do you have to pay for every interactive form you create like it is done when you use it within SAP?

4) What hardware and software do I need to make interactive forms happen?

5) How much would licensing this technology be approximatelly. And how is it organzied? Do you pay for developer licenses, user licenses, or for every form?

Hope you can help me to get a better idea of this topic.

Regards,

Peter
1 Reply

Former Community Member
1) Are forms (like described above) an integrated part of livecycle? <br /><answer> Yes<br />2) Do you have to buy the whole livecycle package or is there also a possibility to just get the forms functionality? <br /><answer> LiveCycle server is bought based on functionality and yes you can buy just the forms component<br />3) Do you have to pay for every interactive form you create like it is done when you use it within SAP? <br /><answer> No that is an SAP thing only. Once you buy forms you can build and use as many as you like.<br />4) What hardware and software do I need to make interactive forms happen? <br /><answer> You will need a server and an application server as well as a database. It does ship with a JBOss and mySQL server and depending on your usage you may find that is enough.<br />5) How much would licensing this technology be approximatelly. And how is it organzied? Do you pay for developer licenses, user licenses, or for every form? <br /><answer> You will have to contact an Adobe sales rep to get appropriate pricing. Yes it is organized into developer licenses and production licenses.