Expand my Community achievements bar.

Form suddenly returning xml file via email instead of pdf

Former Community Member
I've got a form online that has been working the way I wanted for at least several months which is to send a completed pdf form (job application)as an attachment via email. Now I just received an email with an xml file instead of the pdf file. When I go to the website and test the online form it sends it as a pdf. So what could have caused one specific form to come back as an xml file? Could it be the type of browser, lack of Reader? Thanks for any assistance.
3 Replies

Level 4
If the form doesn't have extended Reader rights, the completed form can't be emailed from Reader. The XML data can be emailed from Reader without the Reader extensions -- maybe that's what's happening? Do some users have Acrobat and some have Reader?

Level 4
If the form doesn't have extended Reader rights, the completed form can't be emailed from Reader. The XML data can be emailed from Reader without the Reader extensions -- maybe that's what's happening? Do some users have Acrobat and some have Reader?

Former Community Member
I know I set up the form with the extended reader rights, I would guess that both reader and acrobat were being utilized for this form. It seems strange to me that out of the blue the form sent in this manner if the permissions haven't been modified since it was setup nearly 6 months ago. Thanks for the feedback!

JACKSON