Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Form Server Render Form QPAC problem

Former Community Member
Hi,

I'm still having problem with FSRF QPAC, can someone tell what setting i should use for "Adobe LiveCycle Forms Settings -> Locations" and FSRF QPAC Input tab. I have standard turnkey installation of Workflow, Forms and Form Manager.

For now i got this error using above QPAC:

2006-04-06 14:00:10,486 ERROR [com.adobe.formServer.FormServer] http:\pluton:8080\xappstore\Forms\sql_sample1.xdp (The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect)

2006-04-06 14:00:10,526 ERROR [com.adobe.formserver.wfplugin.RenderForm.RenderFormService] FSQP011: An unexpected exception occurred

com.adobe.formServer.interfaces.RenderFormException: java.io.FileNotFoundException: http:\pluton:8080\xappstore\Forms\sql_sample1.xdp (The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect)

at com.adobe.formServer.client.EJBClient.renderForm(EJBClient.java:353)

at com.adobe.formserver.wfplugin.RenderForm.RenderFormService.execute(Unknown Source)

at com.adobe.workflow.engine.PEUtil.executeAction(PEUtil.java:184)

at com.adobe.workflow.engine.ProcessEngineBMTBean.continueBranchAtAction(ProcessEngineBMTBean.java:2320)

at com.adobe.workflow.engine.ProcessEngineBMTBean.asyncContinueBranchCommand(ProcessEngineBMTBean.java:1903)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

Please, help me ;(

Łukasz Pękalak
11 Replies

Former Community Member
Well, off the top of my head from the info given in that stack trace,you'll want to change your Form Query to /Forms/sql_sample1.xdp and the Content Root URI to xappstore://pluton .

You may want to take a look at the documentation that comes with the Workflow SDK for the QPAC, it explains the input parameters to use in pretty decent detail.

Chris

Adobe Enterprise Developer Support

Former Community Member
OK,

changed,

now got another kind of error:

2006-04-06 14:30:48,148 ERROR [org.jboss.ejb.plugins.LogInterceptor] EJBException:

javax.ejb.EJBException: An unexpected exception occured: null

at com.adobe.ebxml.registry.appstore.url.provider.XappstoreUrlDataProviderBean.getInputStream(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor337.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

Some more help ? And what about "Adobe LiveCycle Forms Settings -> Locations" ?

Łukasz Pękalak

Former Community Member
Can you post what settings you are using in the input tab?

> And what about "Adobe LiveCycle Forms Settings -> Locations"

Leave the defaults.

Chris

Former Community Member
My input tab values:<br />-Form Query: /Forms/sql_sample1.xdp<br />-Form Preference: PDF<br />-Options: TaggedPDF=false<br />-Input XML Data:<br /><br /><?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><br /><sql_sample1><br /><company_name>some name</company_name><br /><company_adress>some adress</company_adress><br /><company_phone>777222111</company_phone><br /></sql_sample1><br /><br />-Content Root URI: xappstore://pluton<br />-Base URL: http://pluton:8080/<br /><br />That's all.<br />And Chris, if You could remind me what are the defaults for "Adobe LiveCycle Forms Settings -> Locations", there are only four fields.<br /><br />Thanks in advance.<br />&#321;ukasz P&#281;kalak

Former Community Member
Ok, try these changes:

Options: Put quotes around this. I don't think this is necessary, but just in case.

Input XML Data: I believe you'll need quotes around this. Or alternatively, put the XML in a string process variable, and put an XPath expression to the variable here.

Base URL: Leave this blank.

For the variable under Locations, they should all be blank except:

XCI Configuration URI: com/adobe/formServer/PA/pa.xci

Font Map URI: com/adobe/formServer/client-font-map.properties

Chris

Former Community Member
Ok,

made changes with quotes, Base URL leaved blank. And the error is:

2006-04-06 15:54:43,098 INFO [STDOUT] [Fatal Error] :1:1: Content is not allowed in prolog.

2006-04-06 15:54:43,108 ERROR [com.adobe.formServer.FormServer] xmldata: Content is not allowed in prolog.

2006-04-06 15:54:43,118 ERROR [com.adobe.formserver.wfplugin.RenderForm.RenderFormService] FSQP011: An unexpected exception occurred

com.adobe.formServer.interfaces.RenderFormException: java.lang.Exception: xmldata: Content is not allowed in prolog.

at com.adobe.formServer.client.EJBClient.renderForm(EJBClient.java:353)

at com.adobe.formserver.wfplugin.RenderForm.RenderFormService.execute(Unknown Source)

at com.adobe.workflow.engine.PEUtil.executeAction(PEUtil.java:184)

at com.adobe.workflow.engine.ProcessEngineBMTBean.continueBranchAtAction(ProcessEngineBMTBean.java:2320)

And i don't have such settings as XCI Configuration URI and Font Map URI.

Łukasz Pękalak

Former Community Member
That exception comes from an error happening when trying to parse the data. Have you tried putting the XML in a string process variable and using an XPath expression to that in the QPAC?

Chris

Former Community Member
If you remove the XML data parameter and execute the application are you still receiving errors?

If so, we know that your configuration, deployment and execution are functioning properly and that the XML data parameter needs to be modified to be successful.

Cheers,

Val

Adobe Systems Inc.

Former Community Member
Hi,

i remembered that i have mapped a network place "http://pluton:8080/appstore/Forms/", so i checked if i can see the forms. And i was ask for user and password! Bang Bang! So i entered in Render Form QPAC user and password and it looks better now.

Few more problems with XML data and it's finally working.

So it looks like user name and user password are mandatory fields.

Summary:

in FSFR QPAC i filled fields:

-form query

-form preference

-input xml data (only if you want to fill form fields)

-content root uri (xappstore://pluton)

-user name

-user password

and in output tab

-output document (variable of type document).

Great,

BTW, in lc_wf_write_PDF_tip.pdf which is instruction for writing pdf to the file system, maybe i'm wrong, is one mistake:

you can't switch line:

String file_str = patExecContext.getProcessDataStringValue(/process_data/@Output_Filename);

with:

File file_str = new File(C:\\Documents and Settings\\Default User\\Expense Form\\outputfile.pdf);

In this lines file_str variable is of different types. Or maybe it doesn't matter ;)

That's all for now, thank You all for help, and see You on Document Security forum ;))

Łukasz Pękalak

Former Community Member
Correction:

My post should have read

"If not, we know that your configuration, deployment and execution are functioning properly and that the XML data parameter needs to be modified to be successful."

Sorry for any confusion.

Cheers,

Val

Former Community Member
I have a more basic question, but similar to this one. I have very little experience with this QPAC, but need to simply convert the XDP data to a PDF. The end goal is to send a mid-workflow e-mail to a few key people, and attach the PDF to that e-mail. (Rather than those users to log in and actually take an action on the form). I know I can go through a User QPAC and set the input variable to my XDP form variable and the output to my Document/PDF variable, but I am seeking a solution that does not require user interaction at that point in the workflow.

I am assume that the Form Server Render Form is the QPAC I need, but can't seem to find examples anywhere of settings and parameters from which to learn.

Any thoughts?

Evan