Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Form data integration

Former Community Member
Hi,

I have a form that imports data using the import data service. And then passing it thru reader extensions but the typed data by the user is not getting saved.

thanks in advance
6 Replies

Former Community Member
Check the bindings on the form that your user is filling out. They should be set to normal if you are not using a data schema or should be set to a node in the schema if you are using a data schema.

Former Community Member
thanks for the reply paul.

the fields are part of a table which gets the values for some columns fron an xml file and 2 seprate fields need to be filled by the user.

The form is editable after being passed through Reader Extensions.

But the values that are filled by the user disappear after the form is saved and reopened.

Kindly advise

Thanks in advance

Former Community Member
In the data file that is created are their nodes present in the xml that represent those two fields?

Former Community Member
Thanks for the prompt reply Paul

yes the xml which is used to import data has the nodes defined for the user entry fields.

Thanks in advance

Former Community Member
I will need to look at the form and data ...can you post it somewhere so I can get it? Or if you post your email I will send you a message where you can email it to me.

Former Community Member
thanks paul

but we dropped the implementation.

Now we are trying to use the forms api.

Thanks once again.