Floating Text Field

25-06-2008

I need to insert a place in a paragraph for someone to fill in. I want this form to look professional and I need to put in a floating text field or something like it so that it will mend to the paragraph and not leave a huge space. Here is an example of the sentence I am trying to use.

Congratulations, and welcome to "X COMPANY"...

I will be using this for different companies and the names will vary in length. A shorter name will leave a huge space or a long name will not fit in a given space. Is there a way to not use the just the text field, because it has a set length of whatever I make it to. I hope this makes sense. Thanks.

Replies

pguerett

pguerett

pguerett

26-06-2008

In the midst of your paragraph (where you want to put the field) click on Tools/Insert Floating Field. This will create a field for you in the paragraph. Now you can bind this field to your inbound data and when it is rendered the paragrapgh will flow around the field.

26-06-2008

Paul,

Thanks for the info. but I am still trying to figure out how you bind the field so that it is connected to the floating field. I know how to get into the bind pallette but from there I am lost. I haven't bound anything before. Thanks for any help.

pguerett

pguerett

pguerett

26-06-2008

Are you merging data into the field at the start or or you expecting this to be interactive?

26-06-2008

Interactive I beleive because it is going to be a field where if I send the form to different company's I want them to put their company name in... So it will be different everytime if you know what I mean. And honestly I don't think I know how to merge data.

pguerett

pguerett

pguerett

26-06-2008

This technique will not work interactively.....it has to be a merge a display type of solution.

kc

kc

kc

01-07-2008

Actually you could do a trick where you have another "normal" textfield (that is set to invisible when you click on a button) where you can type in the name of your company if the merge solution is not good enough for you.

Sincerely

Kim