Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Flex Desktop App (AIR) + LCDS w/ Hibernate Assembler - Not Working

Level 1
I have a desktop application which uses J2EE + LCDS + Hibernate to access a MySQL database. This not returning any data when used a data service fill command (and not returning any error).

The same set of MXML code included in a web app (using the same J2EE + LCDS + Hibernate server side config) is returning data using data service fill command.

I am using the FLEX IDE to build both the web and desktop flex apps.

To me it seems to be a path/compiler issue with my desktop app setup.

Any pointers would be very helpful
2 Replies

Level 2

Hello -

There are lots of things that you can do to help debug this. The first thing you'll want to do is startup the LCDS server with DEBUG logging levels turned on and look for clues (ERRORS and debug output).  See this for details.  You can turn on client-side logging and debugging to help diagnose the problem too - See "Debugging AIR applications with Flex Builder" for details.  You could also use mx:tracetarget to help further diagnose the issue.  Without any real errors being reported it is difficult to diagnose the problem.  If you are getting errors (connection errors, NPEs, etc) post them here.

hth,

Bill

LCDS QE

Employee

Hi. It sounds like maybe the AIR app isn't getting compiled against the services-config.xml file for your LCDS server. Make sure in the Flex Compiler settings for you AIR project there is a -services compiler argument that points to your services-config.xml file. This should look something like. . .

-services <path-to-lcds-webapp>\WEB-INF\flex\services-config.xml

If that's not the issue follow the steps to debug the problem as Bill outlined. The following section of the BlazeDS documentation has some good information which may elaborate a bit more on the steps/suggestions that Bill had for you. 

http://livedocs.adobe.com/blazeds/1/blazeds_devguide/help.html?content=build_apps_6.html

-Alex