Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

FileUtilsService - Write document

Former Community Member
Hi everyone,

Can someone please tell me what is wrong with the below? I am trying to set the XPath for saving a form using the

Service Name: FileUtilsService

Service Operation: "Write Document"

This form should be saved on Unix system.

I am using LiveCycle 8.0.1.2

I am setting this pathName into Properties view on LiveCycle Workbench:

PathName Pattern (literal value):

"/adobe/testMarieve/testFileName[(%hoSTH%Test)].pdf"

I am always getting this error : "An error occurred. Please check the Eclips error log for details".

And I have this error in my .log file (Adobe\LiveCycle ES\Workbench ES\Workbench\workspace\.metadata):

!ENTRY com.adobe.DSC_Admin_UI 4 4 2009-04-02 13:43:21.093

!MESSAGE failed to invoke TestSpecialInputCharacter.invoke

!STACK 0

ALC-DSC-005-000: com.adobe.idp.dsc.DSCNotSerializableException: Not Serializable

Caused by: ALC-DSC-003-000: com.adobe.idp.dsc.DSCInvocationException: Invocation error.

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.component.impl.DefaultPOJOInvokerImpl.invoke(DefaultPOJOInvokerImpl.java:210)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.InvocationInterceptor.intercept(InvocationInterceptor.java:134)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.RequestInterceptorChainImpl.proceed(RequestInterceptorChainImpl.java:44)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor$1.doInTransaction(TransactionInterceptor.java:74)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.impl.ejb.adapter.EjbTransactionCMTAdapterBean.execute(EjbTransactionCMTAdapterBean.java:336)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.impl.ejb.adapter.EjbTransactionCMTAdapterBean.doSupports(EjbTransactionCMTAdapterBean.java:212)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.impl.ejb.adapter.EJSLocalStatelessEjbTransactionCMTAdapter_caf58c4f.doSupports(Unknown Source)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.impl.ejb.EjbTransactionProvider.execute(EjbTransactionProvider.java:104)

Any help or suggestions to resolve this problem would be very appreciate.

Thanks!
3 Replies

Level 10
Does it work when you put a filename with no special character, for example /adobe/testMarieve/testFileName1.pdf?

I'm really not sure about this syntax for the file name [(%hoSTH%Test)]

Jasmin

Former Community Member
Hello Jasmin,

Yes it is working with a filename with no special character.

If I cannot use "FileUtilsService" do you have any suggestion how I can resolve this issue?

Thanks

Level 10
You can leverage the Script service within foundation.

In the Script service you can use standard java code. You could write you own method to write to the file system using java.io.File object.

You could also use a setValue and use an xPath expression that sets the value of a variable to the value of "%hoSTH%Test". I'm not sure what "%hoSTH%Test" is suppose to return. Are you trying to get the name of the host machine in there?

The incorporate the value of that variable in your file name.

Jasmin